The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I hope he stays like this - he's in his prime when hes like this.

Fair play to him and the team last night - they did really well. Lindelof is becoming a really good defender, Herrera showed again how much difference he makes to this team, Martial is a completely different player recently and Sanchez is much much better up front. 

I still believe Juve are the best team in Europe right now. 

3 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Everyone has been sucking Juve off so hard this season, have they really been THAT good? their Serie A record looks pretty good but it always is and they haven't exactly twatted anyone either. 

You just answered your own question. 

Adding Ronaldo to that already strong team makes them favourites for the UCL imo. Then you have to add Bonnuci, Costa and Cancelo to that team.

They still top the group and their record before last night is ridiculous. People have every right to suck them off. 

3 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I wouldn't say that, they haven't won it since 1996 and have only one it twice in their history.

Plenty of other teams that have a much bigger European pedigree than them. 

That's not the question though - City struggle to qualify/get past last 16 in Europe. Juve nearly always do. 

Juve are a level above City in Europe imo. 

13 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I still think they will come up a bit short, I think if they will go out when they meet City or Barca.

I get that you're trying to add more value to Man United's win yesterday (was a great win to be fair) but I just think saying they are the favourites is a bit much, just my opinion though of course. 

I think if City won against Juve last night you would be cumming all over yourself. Aren't City and Juve the bookies favourites to win the competition? To call Juve (with Ronaldo) NOT favourites sounds like your typical wind up shit to be fair. 

Madrid and Barca have dropped in quality. Juve would beat both imo - they have the best all round experience combined with quality in Europe. 

59 minutes ago, Roux said:

I think if City won against Juve last night you would be cumming all over yourself. Aren't City and Juve the bookies favourites to win the competition? To call Juve (with Ronaldo) NOT favourites sounds like your typical wind up shit to be fair. 

Madrid and Barca have dropped in quality. Juve would beat both imo - they have the best all round experience combined with quality in Europe. 

It's a great win for ANY team in Europe - I'm not disputing that at all - I'm just saying I don't think they can be regarded as favourites for the whole tournament, it's just my opinion of course and I think they always come up short at the business end and I think they will again even with Ronaldo, he a poacher nowadays and while he is still a great goalscorer he isn't quite the talisman he once was (he can't grab a game by the scruff of the neck like Messi can for example). 

They are third favourites behind City and Barcelona and I think that is about fair but I still wouldn't rule out Real who always seem to come good and deliver at the business end of the CL. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

It's a great win for ANY team in Europe - I'm not disputing that at all - I'm just saying I don't think they can be regarded as favourites for the whole tournament, it's just my opinion of course and I think they always come up short at the business end and I think they will again even with Ronaldo, he a poacher nowadays and while he is still a great goalscorer he isn't quite the talisman he once was (he can't grab a game by the scruff of the neck like Messi can for example). 

They are third favourites behind City and Barcelona and I think that is about fair but I still wouldn't rule out Real who always seem to come good and deliver at the business end of the CL. 

He's never been a talisman type player - he did (and still does)  score an insane amount of goals, all with a varying degree of difficulty - something i think he does better than Messi. Which ultimately makes them both equal imo. 

I think with the addition of the best player in the world - ups their chances massively - many people would make them favourites, not just me. Right now - i wouldn't be confident any of those teams you mentioned could beat Juve, particularly the current Real/Barca teams. City could match them closely imo though. Juve have the perfect blend of attack/midfield/defence this season. 

You don't have to agree that they are favourites from your perspective, but surely you have to understand why many others DO makes them favourites this season. 

I know you didn't ask me but I don't think he is. He only really had 2 or 3 years where he was performing consistently for you.

If I'm completely honest I don't really get the love in he still has with some Man United fans, he essentially forced a move to a European rival over ten years ago, the way some fans go on about him you'd think he was a one club man at Man United.

He's a Real Madrid legend for sure though. 

I love the man. He has to be our greatest ever player as he’s one of the best of all time so he has to be but club legend? I’m not sure. I can’t blame him for wanting to move to Madrid. He won everything at United and it was time to move on, I’m ok with that.