The Official Football Topic

Cuth

20 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I love the man. He has to be our greatest ever player as he’s one of the best of all time so he has to be but club legend? I’m not sure. I can’t blame him for wanting to move to Madrid. He won everything at United and it was time to move on, I’m ok with that. 

I do get that view as well but I think you need to perform at your peak for a longer period at a club to be a club legend.

Giggs, Scholes and Rooney are all club legends for me. Ronaldo is better than all of them of course but I think club legend and being one of the best of all time are two different things, I think you need to take into account service to the club more than actual ability, in my opinion anyway.

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

@Roux

Is Cristiano a Manchester United legend? 

Absolutely. One of our greatest players ever.

Got us on the edge of our seats from day one to the day he left. 

Won everything - FA Cups, UCL, PL - and was pivitol in all of them.

First Ballon D'or winner for the club since 68' when Best won it.  

Every fan would have him in their top 5 or 10 in United's history. 

Hardly missed a game too in 6 seasons - averaged around 45 games per season which is incredible. 

Huge gulf in class between both clubs on and off the pitch. We’ve spent hundreds of millions since Fergie retired and not one of our outfield players would get on city’s bench. Simple as that. In fact I’m not sure what the money has gone on because that team we started with was pure mediocrity. Proper mid table stuff. We’re 8th atm and that’s about right. We’re a mid table side. 

51 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Huge gulf in class between both clubs on and off the pitch. We’ve spent hundreds of millions since Fergie retired and not one of our outfield players would get on city’s bench. Simple as that. In fact I’m not sure what the money has gone on because that team we started with was pure mediocrity. Proper mid table stuff. We’re 8th atm and that’s about right. We’re a mid table side. 

I kind of agree.

You can argue all you want about City and their ethics as a club but Man United have simply spunked money up the wall whereas City have invested very wisely.

When you look at the money spent over the past few years there is no reason why you shouldn't be at least competing with them.

Yeah we should. Manchester City have a plan and are run properly. They actually act like a big football club where as United who are a genuine world super power are run by clowns. We don’t act like a big club. No other big club would aimlessly spunk money up the wall or continue to hire the wrong manager. 

Why have we bought Fred? 50 million he cost and he can’t get a game. Why? Why have we fucking bought him?? We could of spent that on a world class CB. 

It’s fucking getting me down. Just feels like there’s no way back for us, how can there be when the club is a fucking circus? 

Worst thing the club ever done was hire Moyes when pep was available. It’s set us back years. David fucking Moyes, I still can’t wrap my head around it. The worst thing is we deserve it. We deserve to watch city and Liverpool fight it out for titles not that the owners give a flying fuck not as long as those Korean noodle brands are flying in eh? Fucking yank cunts

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scott. said:

Yeah we should. Manchester City have a plan and are run properly. They actually act like a big football club where as United who are a genuine world super power are run by clowns. We don’t act like a big club. No other big club would aimlessly spunk money up the wall or continue to hire the wrong manager. 

Why have we bought Fred? 50 million he cost and he can’t get a game. Why? Why have we fucking bought him?? We could of spent that on a world class CB. 

It’s fucking getting me down. Just feels like there’s no way back for us, how can there be when the club is a fucking circus? 

Worst thing the club ever done was hire Moyes when pep was available. It’s set us back years. David fucking Moyes, I still can’t wrap my head around it. The worst thing is we deserve it. We deserve to watch city and Liverpool fight it out for titles not that the owners give a flying fuck not as long as those Korean noodle brands are flying in eh? Fucking yank cunts

I honestly think Jose has tried to build Chelsea/Inter v2.0 - it's not 2005 anymore, it's 2018. Buying a load of physical and tall players just doesn't work - the game has moved on. 

Look at City and a lot of the better teams, full up of quick midgets with a low centre of gravity and an amazing touch, they run rings around big dithering ogres who can't run. Football is always changing and maybe the Jose way will work again one day but it doesn't anymore, he will always be able to get a massive result here and there (City last year, Juve last week) but if he keeps setting teams up this way he won't be able to do it consistently. 12 games in with a negative goal difference is mental for a club like yours. 

Ander Herrera is also a fucking myth of a player, has one good game a season man marking someone and that's about it, he was abysmal yesterday (Matic was awful as well to be honest)

United now I’m talks to extend Young’s and Valencia’s contract. Fuck off. These cunts weren’t good enough 8 years ago so why the fuck are they getting a new contract?? The club is fucked. We have no ambition. Why are we not going out and signing two world class fullbacks like City did? 

Biggest club in the world my arse. We’re absolutely fucked. 

12 hours ago, Scott. said:

United now I’m talks to extend Young’s and Valencia’s contract. Fuck off. These cunts weren’t good enough 8 years ago so why the fuck are they getting a new contract?? The club is fucked. We have no ambition. Why are we not going out and signing two world class fullbacks like City did

Biggest club in the world my arse. We’re absolutely fucked. 

because the transfer window is shut?

Couldn't give a shit about the City result - was always stacked against us with the midweek game and the injuries to Pogba/Sanchez. You need to have your best team against a team like City. 

Agree Matic has been really really poor this season. Herrera is a far better and dynamic option. 

22 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I honestly think Jose has tried to build Chelsea/Inter v2.0 - it's not 2005 anymore, it's 2018. Buying a load of physical and tall players just doesn't work - the game has moved on. 

Look at City and a lot of the better teams, full up of quick midgets with a low centre of gravity and an amazing touch, they run rings around big dithering ogres who can't run. Football is always changing and maybe the Jose way will work again one day but it doesn't anymore, he will always be able to get a massive result here and there (City last year, Juve last week) but if he keeps setting teams up this way he won't be able to do it consistently. 12 games in with a negative goal difference is mental for a club like yours. 

Ander Herrera is also a fucking myth of a player, has one good game a season man marking someone and that's about it, he was abysmal yesterday (Matic was awful as well to be honest)

Herrera was brilliant against Juve and changed the game against Bournemouth - its just your usual spouting nonsense again. 

United have some of the quickest players in the game - none of the players Jose bought (except Matic) are exactly slow!  Lukaku, Pogba, Liderlof, Baily, Fred, Mhiki, Dalot are all pretty quick. 

Too me United look tired after playing 3 games in a week - and that's a valid excuse, City were much fresher after their UCL home game against a weak team. Losing our best player made a big difference too.

24 minutes ago, Roux said:

Herrera was brilliant against Juve and changed the game against Bournemouth - its just your usual spouting nonsense again. 

United have some of the quickest players in the game - none of the players Jose bought (except Matic) are exactly slow!  Lukaku, Pogba, Liderlof, Baily, Fred, Mhiki, Dalot are all pretty quick. 

Too me United look tired after playing 3 games in a week - and that's a valid excuse, City were much fresher after their UCL home game against a weak team. Losing our best player made a big difference too.

If he's good enough for where you want to be then fair enough, isn't Man United class in my opinion. Does a decent job of man marking Eden Hazard every now and then though. 

Lukaku - looks like he has bulked up far too much, has made him lose quite a bit of his pace - also has the touch of a rapist. 
Pogba - not slow but hardly rapid, he is good on the ball though and has that moment of magic, although I think he loses possession far too much for a world class player. 
Lindelof - can't say I've really noticed him when it comes to pace so hard to comment.
Bailly - he's rapid, but a centre back - also terrible on the ball and struggles to play from the back.
Fred - £50m benchwarmer that Jose clearly doesn't fancy, irrelevant as it stands.
Mhiki - plays for Arsenal.
Dalot - can't get in the team, although he looked good when I saw him play against Young Boys.

I wasn't even necessarily referring to blistering pace and sheer speed, more dynamism in the creative positions. D Silva, B Silva, KDB, Mahrez etc...none of those are absolute lightning but they are agile, have a great touch and have a low centre of gravity that allows for balance and for them to move the ball a lot quicker and in tight situations. Apart from Pogba maybe, who else can do that in the creative positions for you? Martial when he's on form maybe? even Rashford and Sanchez struggle with it but City basically have them in every single position. Even Fernandinho who is meant to be their bruiser is great on the ball and plays the quarter back role really well. 

They have built a team over time with a plan, Jose and Man United over the past 5 years have built Frankenstein, there's been no real identity or plan.  

I don't dispute City were fresher either but that's football and I still think you have to be putting up a better fight than that. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

If he's good enough for where you want to be then fair enough, isn't Man United class in my opinion. Does a decent job of man marking Eden Hazard every now and then though. 

Lukaku - looks like he has bulked up far too much, has made him lose quite a bit of his pace - also has the touch of a rapist. 
Pogba - not slow but hardly rapid, he is good on the ball though and has that moment of magic, although I think he loses possession far too much for a world class player. 
Lindelof - can't say I've really noticed him when it comes to pace so hard to comment.
Bailly - he's rapid, but a centre back - also terrible on the ball and struggles to play from the back.
Fred - £50m benchwarmer that Jose clearly doesn't fancy, irrelevant as it stands.
Mhiki - plays for Arsenal.
Dalot - can't get in the team, although he looked good when I saw him play against Young Boys.

I wasn't even necessarily referring to blistering pace and sheer speed, more dynamism in the creative positions. D Silva, B Silva, KDB, Mahrez etc...none of those are absolute lightning but they are agile, have a great touch and have a low centre of gravity that allows for balance and for them to move the ball a lot quicker and in tight situations. Apart from Pogba maybe, who else can do that in the creative positions for you? Martial when he's on form maybe? even Rashford and Sanchez struggle with it but City basically have them in every single position. Even Fernandinho who is meant to be their bruiser is great on the ball and plays the quarter back role really well. 

They have built a team over time with a plan, Jose and Man United over the past 5 years have built Frankenstein, there's been no real identity or plan.  

I don't dispute City were fresher either but that's football and I still think you have to be putting up a better fight than that. 

I think he's proved he's a United player - his consistently good performances against the top team constantly get ignored by you. Obviously he's been injured alot this season but you can see why Jose loves the guy.  

All the players mentioned are quick and fairly good on the ball. Hardly tall players than can't move! Players like Dalot are Fred are good players that need time to adapt - no different to someone like Bernardo Silva who struggled to get into the City team when he joined. Both players have clear quality. 

Pobga, Mata, Lingaard, Fred, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford can all do what you described - they are creative players that can make things happen. As a team, it's nowhere near as effective as City at the moment - which is why i think Sanchez is a better option than Lukaku up front. Those city players have the freedom to play because they have a good set of defenders - United don't. 

The results have actually been pretty decent since the West Ham defeat. Beat some tricky teams - this game was always going to be alot harder because of the Juve game for us - it really showed on the pitch. We effectively played 2 of the best sides in Europe (both away) in the space of a few days and did okay. The next few games should be winnable and most of the teams above us play each other. 

11 hours ago, Scott. said:

Giggs has been fucking wank so far for Wales. That tonight is the worst performance in my lifetime i think 

I think the Ireland result gave a bit of false hope because they are absolutely abysmal. 

Giggs is like Henry for me, great players but do not strike me as good managers. He hasn't been out to Madrid to watch Bale once this season and supposedly doesn't even have an Eleven sports which means he can't even watch him on TV, the fact he admitted that is pretty shocking. 

I'm loving being an England fan at the minute, good young players all over the place and more coming through all the time - think we're finally starting to see the St Georges Park generation come to fruition - we may not be the best side yet but they've restored the pride and the fans relationship with the national side which takes some doing in itself after all the shit we've had in the last 20 years or so. 

• Like 1

Id love for all the home nations to be in the euros, even tho they fucking hate us lol, i was cheering wales with mates last euros and didnt realise they hated us so much until we got knocked out by iceland!....strange because we really couldnt care less, theres not been any rivalry for years...

Its going to be tougher for the home nations this time, the nations league has been panned by most people but a playoff place for the winner of a group is a great opportunity! 

Scotland will still fuck it up tho lol

Another contract on the cards for that useless cunt Smalling. 

So that’s new contracts for Young, Herrera, Valencia and Smalling. That tells you all you need to know about the ambition of the club. They simply don’t want to spend any money to replace them. City go out and act like a big club, they fucked hart, zabaleta, nastasic, clichy etc off because they weren’t good enough and bought in 50m players in to replace. That’s the difference in the two clubs. City act like a big club, united pretend to be one.

were going to fall further behind city. If Pep stayed there as long as Fergie was with united they would overtake us in every way you can imagine. 

14 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Another contract on the cards for that useless cunt Smalling. 

So that’s new contracts for Young, Herrera, Valencia and Smalling. That tells you all you need to know about the ambition of the club. They simply don’t want to spend any money to replace them. City go out and act like a big club, they fucked hart, zabaleta, nastasic, clichy etc off because they weren’t good enough and bought in 50m players in to replace. That’s the difference in the two clubs. City act like a big club, united pretend to be one.

were going to fall further behind city. If Pep stayed there as long as Fergie was with united they would overtake us in every way you can imagine. 

Herrera is a top class midfielder though? 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bf6c3ce4e4c6b2e67

Smalling is the only one I'd bother keeping out of them and he would purely be a squad player, would play League Cup games and cover when needed - he should be nowhere near first choice and playing in big games, one of the worst defenders on the ball in the league. 

Even Southgate won’t go near the cunt. Fuck me. Sad state of affairs.  Biggest club in the world my fucking arse. It’s embarrassing now. Would Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Juve have Young, Jones, Smalling, Valencia, Fellaini, Herrera anywhere near their squad let alone fucking starting games? Would they fuck because they’re huge football clubs with ambition to be the best. Absolute fucking state of United. Salford City show more ambition.