The Official Football Topic

Cuth

High intensity/pressing in this league is going to make players burn out. Dortmund was the same under Klopp - be interesting to see how he handles it. 

Problem in England is Klopp is surrounded by good managers. 

Funny that before the semi-final legs - the Liverpool fans were saying they can't wait to play Hull in the final. Well done to S'Hampton - fully deserve to be in a final. 

• Like 1

Disgusting performance from United that. Players couldn't be arsed. That whole back 4 are fucking wank and Rashford and Lingard were fucking abysmal. No wonder Jose doesn't trust youth when they play like that......Carrick was wank, didn't even notice he was playing and Pogba continues to blow hot and cold. Overreacting obviously. United looked like all they had to do was turn up, still though fucking disgraceful performance. 

2 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Disgusting performance from United that. Players couldn't be arsed. That whole back 4 are fucking wank and Rashford and Lingard were fucking abysmal. No wonder Jose doesn't trust youth when they play like that......Carrick was wank, didn't even notice he was playing and Pogba continues to blow hot and cold. Overreacting obviously. United looked like all they had to do was turn up, still though fucking disgraceful performance. 

Was a game lacking quality all round, was pretty tiresome to watch tbh.

9 hours ago, Scott. said:

Hull were good, I rate their manager big time 

Yeah me too, he's got them organised for sure but he will be limited with what he can do with them as he's got a lot of deadwood there.

He reminds me of Poch a few years back, strikes me as a very forward thinking/tactically astute manager.

9 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

One thing I must add as well, Matteo Darmian = absolute shite, just about average defender, slow and terrible going forward. Bin him ASAP would be my advice. 

He's fucking pathetic isn't he? God I can't wait till the summer when he, young, Smalling, Fellaini are all binned

FA Cup was quality today. What a performance from Wycombe, wolves and Lincoln. 

This whole resting players is a fucking myth btw. Play your best team especially for a chance to get into the last 16. No player unless he's a money grabbing piece of shit wants to be rested. An absolute myth that it works. Why upset the rhythm of a team? What does Klopp gain? Out of 2 cups and the youngsters are slagged off for being shit. Great management pal. 

All the top players play every week. Zlatan is 35 and plays every game. A rest ffs. It's a fucking joke. I'm not having any of it. I understand teams that have a huge squad and want to keep certain players happy by giving them a game but to make 10 changes and putting kids out is ridiculous 

I'm alright with that fee, some fans are going nuts that we've only got £25m. I look at it that we've made £15m profit on a player who is 30 in a couple of months while getting the season of his life out of him in the process. Also frees up £125k a week in wages as well. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved him to stay but his heart wasn't in it this season and his presence was clearly having a negative impact on the squad so was best to cut ties. 

Happy with the signings this window, paid over the odds for Fonte a bit but that's what you get in January and I think it's a shrewd bit of business as it means that Ogbonna can finally get surgery on the injury he has been playing with all season. Snodgrass adds a further attacking option and it's always good to have a player in the team who can hit a set piece.