Cuth

The Official Football Topic

23917 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Roux said:

From what i understood at the time, Draxler wanted to leave Schalke and the club were very happy to let him go because the money they got for him was record breaking. Not much of an issue in my opinion. He stayed in Germany for his career when he could have made alot more going abroad. 

Sure it was good money for Schalke but they were mainly happy because through his constant complayning he lost all credit from the fans and teammates. He was very popular before. 

I mean, if you sign a new contract you can't start complaining that you wanna leaves just months afterwards + he did basically the same in Wolfsburg when they underperformed last year  

Pretty good player for sure but these kinds of players need to think before signing a contract. 

1 hour ago, ...and then said:

Sure it was good money for Schalke but they were mainly happy because through his constant complayning he lost all credit from the fans and teammates. He was very popular before. 

I mean, if you sign a new contract you can't start complaining that you wanna leaves just months afterwards + he did basically the same in Wolfsburg when they underperformed last year  

Pretty good player for sure but these kinds of players need to think before signing a contract. 

He gave alot of good years to Schalke - his boyhood club. Signing a contract and leaving is MUCH better then leaving for free or wanting to run down the end of a contract. Although as fans, we'd love to see players show loyalty and respect - it just simply doesn't happen in today's game. Its not much different than you leaving your job for better pay/quality of life. He's a supremely talented footballer too - so maybe there is a bit more arrogance on his part, but i can't blame him for wanting to move up the ladder. 

Anyone thinking a player signs a contract because they intend to see it out is foolish, he got more money and Schalke maximise the value of their asset and risk him walking away on the cheap/free.

Loyalty in football is dead and feel Tuesday night probably vindicated the move on a professional level too. PSG is a step up and he will get to play in the CL every single season.

He didn't go to PSG directly, he went to fucking Wolfsburg first which he only did for more $$$.

I agree that loyalty is declining in football today but what he did was still special. You can research the story but basically he signed an extension with Schalke, there was a huge marketing campaign with his counterfeit and he was on record saying how much the club and fans meant to him and how happy he is to stay there. 

If he wanted to move to a bigger club, almost everybody would have understood that, but starting to cry after only a few months to go to WOLFSBURG is a fucking joke...that's not an international established club...

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Anyone thinking a player signs a contract because they intend to see it out is foolish, he got more money and Schalke maximise the value of their asset and risk him walking away on the cheap/free.

That wasn't the risk. He was under contract for multiple years. Schalke was basically afraid that he would stop compeating and will be a bad influence for the other players.

It happened with us and Payet, player power rules all these days. Just have to accept it really.

I like Draxler, good player. Looks like a young Tom Delonge too. 

Some players are cunts, and then you have guys like Totti which are beyond loyal. 😀

25 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Looks like a young Tom Delonge too. 

Haha true. I think G.W. Bush looks like an old version of DeLonge. 

55 minutes ago, ...and then said:

Some players are cunts, and then you have guys like Totti which are beyond loyal. 😀

Legit love Totti. Sexy bastard.

5 hours ago, ...and then said:

Would you leave your job for much better pay/benefits/rewards etc? Everyone would. 

We have to remember that these guys are human beings too and their needs are essentially the same as us. Forget about the contract aspect as we obviously know contracts mean nothing to players, but they mean a lot to clubs - because it means an offer HAS to be made for them. 

Sure he probably sulked - but he also did alot of good for the club and like i said before - he left for a huge fee.

That's not the point I was making. Of course I would leave for a better paid job if the circumstances are right.

It's the way he forced his way out of two contracts and that he did the first transfer just because of the money. 

He handled all of that really really poor and that makes me question his personality. 

12 hours ago, ...and then said:

That's not the point I was making. Of course I would leave for a better paid job if the circumstances are right.

It's the way he forced his way out of two contracts and that he did the first transfer just because of the money. 

He handled all of that really really poor and that makes me question his personality. 

Its not like he refused to play - he probably sulked a bit and said some things, but that happens all the time now. Payet, for example - refused to play and became a massive prick in the dressing room, for me thats 10x worse. What Draxler did is quite common for a young player with lots of talent - don't agree with it necessarily, but i understand why he would do it. 

12 hours ago, ...and then said:

Seem to have a real problem with Draxler don't you? are you a Schalke or Wolfsburg fan by any chance? 

Tbh it happens all the time, you have to force the move otherwise you won't get it. Football has changed, he's now playing in the CL and doing well at PSG, so you could the move has been vindicated professionally as well as financially.

He might of took the first move from Schalke for the money but don't see too much of a problem there either, both teams are average so you're clearly going to opt for the one who pays you more when given the choice. I'm sure he would of rather gone elsewhere (Arsenal were linked with him for ages) but I guess a move never materialised so he took the Wolfsburg move. Understandble tbh.  

Haha nope, I neither have a personal connection to Draxker, nor am I a fan of Schalke or Wolfsburg.

I simply have a problem with the new developments in modern football. Just because Payet was an even bigger cunt doesn't justify Draxler's behavior imo. 

But well, it is as it is I guess. 

Monaco have completely fucked that tonight. Bloody hell. Missing a pen and their keeper throwing the ball in his own net. Crazy game, fair play to city but Monaco will be kicking themselves