The Official Football Topic

Cuth

21 minutes ago, petros said:

Marcelo-Modric-Carvajal have been the most important players for madrid the last 3 years.

More important than Kroos, Ronaldo & Ramos? 

For me the 3 most important players to Madrid are Modric, Kroos and Ronaldo. 

• Like 1

Ronaldo is Ronaldo. Don't get me wrong. But without marcelo modric and carvajal he can't do what he does. That's what I meant. I didn't mean the best players. I meant the catalysts for the teams success.

And kroos is very important too I agree with that. But still modric is the most important in the center. I remember the year after the decima we looked pretty awesome and that could go on to win the champions league again but modric got injured with Croatia and we were a different team without him. 

43 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

@Scott. @Roux - is Jose really going to rest players against Arsenal you reckon? My fantasy league is as tight as a ducks arse at the minute and I don't know whether to play Bailly or not...

After the result last night - i don't think he will. I was expecting a much tougher test from Celta, they were poor. He'll setup for a draw i think. United are a different team with Pogba - its possible he could be rested.  

8 hours ago, petros said:

Ronaldo is Ronaldo. Don't get me wrong. But without marcelo modric and carvajal he can't do what he does. That's what I meant. I didn't mean the best players. I meant the catalysts for the teams success.

And kroos is very important too I agree with that. But still modric is the most important in the center. I remember the year after the decima we looked pretty awesome and that could go on to win the champions league again but modric got injured with Croatia and we were a different team without him. 

Yeah i agree - there's always players who are doing the dirty work - Modric has been one of their best ever signings imo. But Ronaldo - the chances he has and often scores from - thats the difference for me. He can end a match with two or three half-chances. 

3 hours ago, Roux said:

Yeah i agree - there's always players who are doing the dirty work - Modric has been one of their best ever signings imo. But Ronaldo - the chances he has and often scores from - thats the difference for me. He can end a match with two or three half-chances. 

Well of course that's why he's the best player in the world right now. Unlike Benzema who can score an overhead kick and miss a wide open shot.

5 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

@Scott. @Roux - is Jose really going to rest players against Arsenal you reckon? My fantasy league is as tight as a ducks arse at the minute and I don't know whether to play Bailly or not...

I don't think he'll rest a lot. Probably Rashford because he picked up a knock

29 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I'll keep him in then, can see a nice 0-0/1-0 win for United being ground out tbh. 

Terrified about the game tonight, think we're going to get our bottoms spanked pretty fucking hard. 

I miss Spurs being shite. 

There's a high chance Bailly could be dropped for Smalling now that he is fit. 

Fucking rubbish today. Thursday is the focus though. Axel was fantastic on his debut. I'd chuck him straight into CB with Bailly. Get Mensah in the team too. 

All the talk about spurs this season but if united win the europa league then that makes two (3 if you count community shield) trophies and CL football so really only Chelsea will have had a better season than United. I'll take that

I thought we'd probably take a loss, Arsenal were shite. Axel looks a player and Martial looks like his old self. Its almost sad to see Rooney like this - did okay in the centre of the pitch but his ability to attack/score goals have all gone.

Surprised the two donkeys played alright considering their injuries. 

Thursday will be massive - i genuinely expect United to smash them. 

Funny thing is with the Liverpool result a win yesterday for you would have put it back in your hands. I get you have to prioritise to an extent but giving up on the league that easily seems a bit silly to me. Why not just go full throttle for both, get you have injuries but you're blessed with a hell of a lot more options than most teams still. 

You can't really go full throttle when most of the players are tired. I can't remember the last time we had a full week without playing. After the draw with Swansea i think it was best to put all our eggs in the Europa basket. Arsenal and Spurs away would have been tough games to go 100% on. There's been a significant drop in the level of intensity to our game this and last month. 

That Swansea game really fucked man united up! Win that and maybe the arsenal loss wouldn't of mattered ...there's no way Jose was going to risk players just before the 2nd leg ...but he would of gone strong against spurs afterwards

Quite possibly the worst game i've seen under Jose. Everything was wrong, everything. I miss Fergie soo much, he would have destroyed these guys at half-time. What happened to the angry/defiant Mourinho? 

Still, in the final - lets win this shit now.