The Official Football Topic

Cuth

22 hours ago, Scott. said:

He’s been a bit stale for a couple of season though? Maybe he just needs a change. Is the Bernard signing still happening? 

Hope it works out and you don’t end up like Everton last season.

Do you think the big bucks should of been spent on a top striker?

I heard he started to rediscover his old form last season, Pellegrini wanted him and the board got him which I am happy about. Good that we are at least showing ambition - I can't see the Bernard deal happening, supposedly he wants a massive signing on fee and £200k a week. 

If we keep Hernandez then I'm not too fussed about a striker, I personally would keep Arnie and play him up front on his own like we did last season - last six months of the season when he played there was the most consistent he has been his whole career. 

33 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Unless united do business in next couple weeks football can fuck off. Dreading it already

Lee Grant is a top signing to be fair, I'd be buzzing about that. 

Heard rumours you're in for Bonucci? would be a good signing surely even if he is the wrong side of 30. 

Who do you want?

6 minutes ago, BoogieMan said:

75 million fee agreed for Alisson from Roma and I hear we’re still in for Fekir. I’m glad to see the club not doing lame nickel and dime deals and losing out to other clubs for once. 

Christmas as in summer for Liverpool fans it this goes through. 

These deals are making Klopp look like a fucking hypocrite if I'm honest...

• Like 2

Liverpool doing some serious business so I don’t want that minging toothed cunt Klopp moaning about clubs spending money when he’s outspent everyone apart from City. 

On Allison, never been impressed by him. Thought he was meh in the WC, he’s not better than Ederson so no idea gown he gets in the Brazil side ahead of him. He only 25 though and much better than what they have. A good solid signing. If I was Liverpool instead of spending 50 off million on Fekir go and spend it on another world class CB. Lovren is a clown. Liverpool could win title next year 

meanwhile at the circus that is United. We’ve got most of our squad missing for the first few weeks of the season, Sanchez can’t get into the states so that’s his pre season fucked, Jose is already making excuses (won’t last the season) and he’s has no idea if we’ll make anymore signings. So we’re basically going into the season with Young, Jones, Smalling and Valencia again. Absolutely disgusting. We’ll struggle for top 4. I hate football. DOOOOOM

8 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

These deals are making Klopp look like a fucking hypocrite if I'm honest...

I can agree with that, but what are we going to do? Inflation is a thing and it’s no secret that we desperately need a new keeper; it’s not like Klopp is going to go, “ohh yikes, maybe we shouldn’t sign him because of something I said in a press conference two years ago.” 

As far as I’m concerned I’m glad, because the nickle and dime policy he used at Dortmund seems long gone and I don’t want my team to suffer due to pride. 

If we get knocked out of every cup comp early and finish fifth then the world can take the piss, and rightfully so; but I’m proud that we are finally showing intent with our transfers.

To be fair, Klopp did say he wanted to deliver the title in the next 4 seasons didn’t he? I think we (Arsenal) will be fighting with United and Chelsea for 4th this season. I still can’t see past City for the title and that’s only because of Liverpool and Spurs bottling it in recent years. They just don’t have that killer winner mentality that other clubs do. 

I think West Ham will have a good season and I think Fulham and Wolves will surprise a few. Both were promoted playing good exciting football. 

I do the official Fantasy Premier League one too.

I think the Sun one is a bit shit if I'm honest, they give points on their 'star man' ratings which are usually completely wrong. 

Player plays garbage all game and scores a goal, he automatically gets an 8, central midfielder runs the game but gets no goals or assists he will get a 6. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

I do the official Fantasy Premier League one too.

I think the Sun one is a bit shit if I'm honest, they give points on their 'star man' ratings which are usually completely wrong. 

Player plays garbage all game and scores a goal, he automatically gets an 8, central midfielder runs the game but gets no goals or assists he will get a 6. 

Nah they use whoscored.com for ratings and star men now. It’s usually bang on. 

Set up a league then big man