Jump to content
Cuth

The Official Football Topic

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Roux said:

Boy, Jose really got you butthurt or something. It's kinda weird/obsessive how you are always hating on the guy. 

Obsessive? haha, bit of an overreaction that. You're just hyper sensitive to people being critical about your club. It's not like I'm the only person saying these things and it's not like I'm slating the bloke either, just saying what I think about the current situation.

I used to like him a lot but he's a shell of the man he was, at least from what I see - what happened to the charisma he had back in his first spell at Chelsea? I appreciate he's a bit older now but it's like he is a completely different man. I think as a manager the game has left him behind a bit as well, still seems obsessed with rebuilding his Chelsea 2005 team while the younger managers are moving the game forward. 

He will go down a great for sure but if he is manager of Man United this time next year I'll be surprised, this summer seems to suggest that the club are refusing to back him in the transfer market so I think the end might be nigh. 

None of us know exactly what is going on and can only make an educated guess and the above is mine, if that makes me weird/obsessive about Jose in your eyes then so be it. 

I don't really give a shit either way, but seems like Man United chat makes up about 75% of this thread so it's kind of difficult to avoid, I'd love to spend more time talking about West Ham in here if you're up for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t wait for tomorrow night. Gonna be an absolute shit show. I predict we’ll have maybe 2 shots on target all game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Obsessive? haha, bit of an overreaction that. You're just hyper sensitive to people being critical about your club. It's not like I'm the only person saying these things and it's not like I'm slating the bloke either, just saying what I think about the current situation.

I used to like him a lot but he's a shell of the man he was, at least from what I see - what happened to the charisma he had back in his first spell at Chelsea? I appreciate he's a bit older now but it's like he is a completely different man. I think as a manager the game has left him behind a bit as well, still seems obsessed with rebuilding his Chelsea 2005 team while the younger managers are moving the game forward. 

He will go down a great for sure but if he is manager of Man United this time next year I'll be surprised, this summer seems to suggest that the club are refusing to back him in the transfer market so I think the end might be nigh. 

None of us know exactly what is going on and can only make an educated guess and the above is mine, if that makes me weird/obsessive about Jose in your eyes then so be it. 

I don't really give a shit either way, but seems like Man United chat makes up about 75% of this thread so it's kind of difficult to avoid, I'd love to spend more time talking about West Ham in here if you're up for it.

EVERY single thing the guy does... you have to pick out the negative. We were 2nd in the league last season - get a grip. 3rd season syndrome is an absolute myth - as many people have clarified, but you seem hellbent on believing it. Obsessive is accurate i think.  I don't agree with some of his choices (some of these are on the previous pages) but he's won a few trophies and took us to 2nd so far ... its not perfect, i get that, but its not the disaster you make it out to be sometimes. 

Jumping from, not promoting youth, to board lost faith, players falling out, left behind by other managers etc... you've every excuse under the sun on here. Reality is, we've at least won things and performed well in the league for the first time in years. 

You answered your own question, he's older - much calmer and mellow. It happens to everyone - even Fergie massively toned it down as he grew older. 

It's possible the wheels could come off this season, Fred could be shit, Pogba at 50% and Sanchez still under-performing etc - but there's also the possibility that with a few adjustments we could really push on from last season. 

I've said repeatedly on here - other clubs haven't had a a good transfer window either - Chelsea has just lost one of their best players ffs. Yet it always comes back to Jose. 

We still have a damn good side - the best squad in the league along with City imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just spitballing ideas, we both know fuck all about what is going on behind the scenes in reality - can only offer our opinions. Something isn't right at Man United, no idea what - nut that's my hunch.

I'm just speculating which is all you can do from the outside, I don't think everything I am saying is 100% correct (or even right at all) they're just potential theories - yet you seem to take them almost as a personal attack on Man United and Jose.

If you had signed a top centre back, midfielder, winger and left back - looked like you were gaining momentum and Jose looked happy going into the new season I would say that - but that's not the case at all from what I can see. Also Jose is 55, Fergie had a shit load of fire in his belly at that age in the late 90's so that comparison falls flat for me. 

It's just my honest opinion on the situation, I could lie on what I think if that makes you feel better? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I'm just spitballing ideas, we both know fuck all about what is going on behind the scenes in reality - can only offer our opinions. Something isn't right at Man United, no idea what - nut that's my hunch.

I'm just speculating which is all you can do from the outside, I don't think everything I am saying is 100% correct (or even right at all) they're just potential theories - yet you seem to take them almost as a personal attack on Man United and Jose.

If you had signed a top centre back, midfielder, winger and left back - looked like you were gaining momentum and Jose looked happy going into the new season I would say that - but that's not the case at all from what I can see. Also Jose is 55, Fergie had a shit load of fire in his belly at that age in the late 90's so that comparison falls flat for me. 

It's just my honest opinion on the situation, I could lie on what I think if that makes you feel better? 

 

 

Just seems to be they couldn't get the players Jose wanted (we don't know why) but looks like they won't be held to ransom. From the players inside the camp - they seem to love the guy. Everything else is crazy speculation to sell papers. We're seeing wild stories that contradict themselves within the same day - this only happens on a huge scale with United. 

Now doubt, he's pissy about his players that have come back late from WC. He's needs to shut up and get on with it. 

Like you said yourself - the modern footballer is different now, they have to be treated like children in many ways, they wouldn't last under Fergie. 

You know i am allowed to challenge your opinion, this is what this place is for after-all. But it does seem to be the same regurgitated stuff every single time - when in reality we've actually had a decent few years compared to before Jose, but its like we're been relegated listening to you sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Scott. said:

What’s gone on today at Swansea is criminal. I have no words 

What happened? i haven't really been following whats been going on over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Roux said:

What happened? i haven't really been following whats been going on over there.

The American owners have completely rinsed the club along with the Huw Jenkins and the welsh lads who took them up from league 2 to the Premier League. 

Theyve all been dipping into the club and taking millions out for themselves, punch ups on board meetings. It’s just a circus. They’ve gone from being possibly the best run club in world football To an absolute shambles. 

They made about 40+ million on sales this window and wouldn’t by Ryan Woods from Brentford for 6.5m. Refused to pay it. On the last day they sold 3 centre backs leaving the club with one fucking centre back. Seriously they have one CB. They’re going to have to put a kid in. They’re just greedy cunts. All they’ve done over the last few years is sell sell sell and pocketing the money. There’s going to be riots down there soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Scott. said:

The American owners have completely rinsed the club along with the Huw Jenkins and the welsh lads who took them up from league 2 to the Premier League. 

Theyve all been dipping into the club and taking millions out for themselves, punch ups on board meetings. It’s just a circus. They’ve gone from being possibly the best run club in world football To an absolute shambles. 

They made about 40+ million on sales this window and wouldn’t by Ryan Woods from Brentford for 6.5m. Refused to pay it. On the last day they sold 3 centre backs leaving the club with one fucking centre back. Seriously they have one CB. They’re going to have to put a kid in. They’re just greedy cunts. All they’ve done over the last few years is sell sell sell and pocketing the money. There’s going to be riots down there soon

Thats fucked up. I couldn't believe Fernandez was sold for that little. 

Anyway, love this Pogba, Pereira, Fred midfield. Pereira is the real deal - so dynamic and confident. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy with that win but I’m still going to remain skeptical, I think Keita is going to be a force in the Prem if the signs he’s showing are anything to judge I’m excited. 

Question for the United fans, how do you guys rate Rashford and potential for this season? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

Happy with that win but I’m still going to remain skeptical, I think Keita is going to be a force in the Prem if the signs he’s showing are anything to judge I’m excited. 

Question for the United fans, how do you guys rate Rashford and potential for this season? 

Him and Martial  need to work on their decision making - both hesitate too much when they get themselves into good positions. Ability wise - they are not much different to someone like Mbappe, but he has vastly superior finishing/decision making. I don't know if both Rashford/Martial will correct these issues this season - it seems to be the same thing every match but expecting different results. 

I fear for Arsenal this season, they look even weaker and nervous than last season - that 19 year in midfield was incredible for them though. 

Expected that from Liverpool, West Ham will be in real trouble if they persist with that high line. The worst tactics possible against that kind of opposition.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City will walk the league again.

rashford not good enough to lead the line. Maybe do a job on the right. I think he’s a bit meh tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same shit, different season. 

Result didn't overly surprise me, was kind of a free hit but not sure we can play Fredericks and Masuaku in a back 4 - going to have to be 3-5-2 if he Pellegrini wants them both in the team, or have to drop at least one of them. Rice should be playing centre back and sadly I think it's time for Noble to become club captain and do a bit part for the team. 

Season really starts next weekend at home to Bournemouth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Scott and Roux, I put him and Mata on my fantasy squad because I figured they would at least get minutes and Mata has at least assists; but I wanted input from people who actually see him week in and out. 

Feeling sketchy about fielding Aguero though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was the highest score for one gameweek i've ever seen from someone im in a league with.

Made the mistake of making Sanchez my captain, he was shite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Roux said:

That was the highest score for one gameweek i've ever seen from someone im in a league with.

Made the mistake of making Sanchez my captain, he was shite. 

I think my record was last year where I got about 105. 

I had a mate who triple captained Kane on this game a couple seasons back:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39879805

He got 85 points for Kane alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I think my record was last year where I got about 105. 

I had a mate who triple captained Kane on this game a couple seasons back:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39879805

He got 85 points for Kane alone. 

I saw someone in another league that triple captained Luke Shaw. He got like 33pts, but why the fuk would you think to do that in the first place? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im pissed because I have Salah and Mane as captain and vice and forgot to triple them. I’m contemplating making Mane captain though, Salah is going to be a marked man this season.

 

Im bummed I didn’t get in with you guys, I kind of procrastinated and did my team and leagues a couple of hours before the United opener but my service is trash so I couldn’t find the page with the league code in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×