The Official Football Topic

Cuth

14 minutes ago, Scott. said:

How is it clinging on to past glories by saying they were classless last night and the stadium was half empty?

I wasn't referring to you in particular to be honest, was just a joke.

Regarding the attendance, City just aren't that well supported - they're a very local team, give it 5-10 years and you will have all the London/Southern glory hunter kids growing up supporting them rather than Man United, will spread worldwide as well. Man United gained their huge global support by being the top dogs at the time football/the Premier League came to came to global prominence, people like to win and you will see the trend with who young people support change over the next few years I think. 

Not sure how last night was classless, are you referring to you beating them 9-0? it would be more disrespectful to patronise them and go 4 or 5 up and stop playing. 

This is a professional sport. It’s ruthless. If you’re good enough to win 9-0 then you go out and do it. There’s no place for compassion at this level. It’s not City’s fault they had to play Burton, so why should they have to lower the standard of their own game to please everyone else?  

38 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I think it was classless to beat Burton Albion 9-0. Bordering on a disgrace. Maybe I’m just a nicer bloke than the both of you? 

Nothing to do with being nice. It’s professional sport. You perform to the best of your ability, it’s what you’re paid to do. Fans have paid for tickets or sky subscriptions. If City would have gone 3-0 up and just knocked the ball around for the next 60 minutes then THAT would have been a disgrace. There’s no mercy rule in football. Burton got themselves to the semi finals of a cup and got drawn against the current Premier League champions. Fair play to them but it was never going to be pretty. And they’ll learn a lot more about themselves as a team and individuals losing 9-0 than if City would have taken their foot off the gas and just seen the game out at a canter. 

If it were United you’d be loving a 9-0 romping so I can’t help but feel there’s slight bias to your opinion too. 

I actually wouldn’t. Yeah if it was against a premier league side but not league one burton ffs. Man city’s receptionist cost more than their whole club. Just admit you’re a horrible cunt. There will be young burton fans devastated last night. 9-0 ffs. Disgusting. 

And those same fans will be just as hurt if they lose 1-0 at home to Gillingham on Saturday. Should we call up the Gillingham manager and let him know to go easy as the fans are still recovering from a loss to one of the best teams in the world? Behave yourself. These young fans got to witness their team in the semi final of a major cup competition against the current champions. The score line is irrelevant. They’ll look back on it with fond memories. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

And those same fans will be just as hurt if they lose 1-0 at home to Gillingham on Saturday. Should we call up the Gillingham manager and let him know to go easy as the fans are still recovering from a loss to one of the best teams in the world? Behave yourself. These young fans got to witness their team in the semi final of a major cup competition against the current champions. The score line is irrelevant. They’ll look back on it with fond memories. 

This, professional sport FFS - going easy on a team, behave. 

We pulled down Maccasfields pants 8-0 earlier this season and I fucking loved it, wanted 10. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Didn’t see the game as been out all day. What was the game like? Yeah from what I’ve seen of Rice he looks a real talent. 

West Ham outplayed us, the reluctance to have Özil even on the bench is starting to piss me off a bit now!