The Official Football Topic

Cuth

21 minutes ago, Roux said:

Herrera mate, sign this fucker up now. @Scott.

He’s been brill under Ole. I see him more as a squad player though. How good has Lindelof been? Wow. He needs a world class partner now like Koulibaly. 

Also great to see the lads in club suits again. It’s sets us apart from the other clubs strolling in with their tracksuits and headphones the scruffy cunts. United ? 

32 minutes ago, Scott. said:

He’s been brill under Ole. I see him more as a squad player though. How good has Lindelof been? Wow. He needs a world class partner now like Koulibaly. 

Also great to see the lads in club suits again. It’s sets us apart from the other clubs strolling in with their tracksuits and headphones the scruffy cunts. United ? 

Lindelof has been immense. Yep - i agree, Ole/Phelan have completely turned things around - we look so dangerous from the counter attack again. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Lindelof has been immense. Yep - i agree, Ole/Phelan have completely turned things around - we look so dangerous from the counter attack again. 

Who do you think we should sign in the summer? 

For me id get rid of Rojo, Valencia, Fellaini, Jones, Periera, Mctominay, Darmian

Id add Koulibaly, Wan Bissaka, Rice, Sancho and promote Tuanzebe and Chong, Gomes 

10 hours ago, Scott. said:

Who do you think we should sign in the summer? 

For me id get rid of Rojo, Valencia, Fellaini, Jones, Periera, Mctominay, Darmian

Id add Koulibaly, Wan Bissaka, Rice, Sancho and promote Tuanzebe and Chong, Gomes 

Koulibaly is a must i think - him and Lindelof would make a solid CB pairing. 

Rice isn't needed - Bailly and Lindelof are both still under 24 and much better at this level. 

I would love to see a player like Dybala/Icardi/Balotti come in - quick attacking dynamic forwards. I really like that kid at Bournemouth - Brooks - he's got something special and Ruben Neves is hard to ignore.  

Agree with all those players going, although i think Periera should be loaned out - he's a good player (possible long-term Herrera replacement). Chong/Gomes need loans too. 

Very happy Fellani and Lukaku have been dropped - the speed in the team is wonderful to watch now. 

Agree on brooks and neves. Both fantastic. I think rice is needed, can play CB and DM, we need a replacement for Matic who’s getting on. Should be going after English/British players. I said France would win the World Cup about 4/5 years ago with all their talent coming through and I think England will win one of the next 3 world cups nailed on. Unreal talent coming through. 

27 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Agree on brooks and neves. Both fantastic. I think rice is needed, can play CB and DM, we need a replacement for Matic who’s getting on. Should be going after English/British players. I said France would win the World Cup about 4/5 years ago with all their talent coming through and I think England will win one of the next 3 world cups nailed on. Unreal talent coming through. 

They definitely have the talent coming through - i still think many other teams are so much better tactically than what Southgate is doing, the WC showed that. 

They really need 1/2 great CM's like Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard to win something imo - that's the area we are lacking the most. Henderson, Dier, Delph & Loftus-Cheek are not good enough. 

39 minutes ago, Roux said:

Rice isn't needed - Bailly and Lindelof are both still under 24 and much better at this level.  

Rice has been playing in midfield all season so comparing him to Bailly and Lindelof shows how little you've seen of him this season if you don't even know what position he plays in!

He's still only 19 and is already playing at a really high level, plenty more to come - he'd be a huge asset for any top 4 club - Man City included. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Rice has been playing in midfield all season so comparing him to Bailly and Lindelof shows how little you've seen of him this season if you don't even know what position he plays in!

He's still only 19 and is already playing at a really high level, plenty more to come - he'd be a huge asset for any top 4 club - Man City included. 

I watched him against Arsenal and he was all over the place - really struggling in the first half. I believe he can play at either CM or DM - isn't that the case? We are stacked in midfield so why is he needed there? I imagine he is similar to John Stones so can play both positions. I think he will be a CB long term. 

He wouldn't get a game at any top 6 club now - which is my point - he's a good young prospect. However, I think Guendouzi is a far far better prospect at that age. Guendouzi has been one of the signings of the season for me - i would take him over Rice any day..

46 minutes ago, Roux said:

I watched him against Arsenal and he was all over the place - really struggling in the first half. I believe he can play at either CM or DM - isn't that the case? We are stacked in midfield so why is he needed there? I imagine he is similar to John Stones so can play both positions. 

He wouldn't get a game at any top 6 club now - which is my point - he's a good young prospect. However, I think Guendouzi is a far far better prospect at that age. Guendouzi has been one of the signings of the season for me - i would take him over Rice any day..

He'd get a game at Arsenal easily and would be used in rotation for other teams as well, I've been watching him all season and he's a class act, reads the game well and always looks to pass forward. 

Guendouzi a FAR better prospect? really? he started the season well but has faded a bit as it's gone on. 

I'd hardly say you're stacked - you have Matic and Herrera and then Perreria (who is never going to be good enough) and Fred who has looked shite nearly every time I've seen him play, not sure what he does to be honest, isn't a particuarly good tackler, passer and doesn't score goals. I'd certainly be playing Rice over those two back ups already. Matic hasn't got that long left and Herrera is solid but I still think if you want to be a top top team again you need someone better playing every week (not saying that is Rice yet by the way, just generally you should have someone better). 

34 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He'd get a game at Arsenal easily and would be used in rotation for other teams as well, I've been watching him all season and he's a class act, reads the game well and always looks to pass forward. 

Guendouzi a FAR better prospect? really? he started the season well but has faded a bit as it's gone on. 

I'd hardly say you're stacked - you have Matic and Herrera and then Perreria (who is never going to be good enough) and Fred who has looked shite nearly every time I've seen him play, not sure what he does to be honest, isn't a particuarly good tackler, passer and doesn't score goals. I'd certainly be playing Rice over those two back ups already. Matic hasn't got that long left and Herrera is solid but I still think if you want to be a top top team again you need someone better playing every week (not saying that is Rice yet by the way, just generally you should have someone better). 

Yes - Guendouzi is far better. He hasn't faded at all, maybe Arsenal have but not him in particular, i love watching him. He's already a leader at 19 and organises the players around him. I've been impressed with him all season and he was great against West Ham. Rice scored a great goal, but he was getting exposed quite often - possibly because he wasn't getting enough help - Lacazette should really have taken his chances in the first half.

We have 6 players that can play DM, that is stacked!

Matic, Herrera, Fred, Fellaini and Pereira are all better than Rice - i get that hes your new golden boy and hes had some good games, but he wouldn't play over any over those players at DM. He's much better than McTominay. I get that you think Fred and Pereira aren't good enough - but they simply haven't had a consistent run of games - even Lindelof was written off by you, with some game time i think both will be good players. 

You think he would start over Guendouzi or Torreira? No chance - they are both simply better. Even at Spurs - Winks is better at DM. He might play the odd cup game for a top 6 side but lets be realistic here. I believe he will be a CB long term and i think that will possibly be a way into a top 6 team. 

21 minutes ago, Roux said:

Yes - Guendouzi is far better. He hasn't faded at all, maybe Arsenal have but not him in particular, i love watching him. He's already a leader at 19 and organises the players around him. I've been impressed with him all season and he was great against West Ham. Rice scored a great goal, but he was getting exposed quite often - possibly because he wasn't getting enough help - Lacazette should really have taken his chances in the first half.

We have 6 players that can play DM, that is stacked!

Matic, Herrera, Fred, Fellaini and Pereira are all better than Rice - i get that hes your new golden boy and hes had some good games, but he wouldn't play over any over those players at DM. He's much better than McTominay. I get that you think Fred and Pereira aren't good enough - but they simply haven't had a consistent run of games - even Lindelof was written off by you, with some game time i think both will be good players. 

You think he would start over Guendouzi or Torreira? No chance - they are both simply better. Even at Spurs - Winks is better at DM. He might play the odd cup game for a top 6 side but lets be realistic here. I believe he will be a CB long term and i think that will possibly be a way into a top 6 team. 

You clearly under estimate how good he is, time will tell I guess. I wouldn't swap any of those six players for Rice personally - he's younger and has bags of potential to get even better. 

In 2-3 years time we will come back and see where Rice is and where Guendouzi is and go from there. There is a reason why Pep is looking at him being a long term replacement for Fernandinho. 

I remember you saying James Wilson was going to be a great player for Man United and look what happened there so I question your judgement on this one too...I also never write off Lindelof, I just said he was playing crap, which he was. 

I just hope he picks England over Ireland, he'd be perfect for the anchor in our midfield.

12 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

You clearly under estimate how good he is, time will tell I guess. I wouldn't swap any of those six players for Rice personally - he's younger and has bags of potential to get even better. 

In 2-3 years time we will come back and see where Rice is and where Guendouzi is and go from there. There is a reason why Pep is looking at him being a long term replacement for Fernandinho. 

I remember you saying James Wilson was going to be a great player for Man United and look what happened there so I question your judgement on this one too...I also never write off Lindelof, I just said he was playing crap, which he was. 

Not at all - i just think there are lots of good players at that age group - Winks, Brooks, Pereira, Neves, Guendouzi, De Jong, Weigl etc all are better imo than Rice. And i would take all of them over Rice any day. Pep would even take Neves over Rice too! 

Just because he's at West Ham you think he's a class above or something - he's not. He's a good prospect no doubt but get real. 

Nope - you said Lindelof wouldn't be good enough for United and should be binned - he's shown so far that he is. Are you going to question your own judgement? 

On 8/28/2018 at 8:56 AM, ...Dan... said:

I have now seen enough now and refuse to hear anything other than Lindelof is completely out of his depth playing for a team like Man United, he needs to be binned

8 minutes ago, Roux said:

Not at all - i just think there are lots of good players at that age group - Winks, Brooks, Pereira, Neves, Guendouzi etc all are better imo than Rice. And i would take all of them over Rice any day. Pep would even take Neves over Rice too!

Nope - you said Lindelof wouldn't be good enough for United - he's shown so far that he is. 

Guess we will have to agree to disagree, I don't see those players week in week out - I just know Rice plays well beyond his years, is a leader at 19 and there is a hell of a lot more to come from him. Pereira is 23 and from what I've seen not very good, so even if you think Rice isn't as good as him yet, I think we can both safely say he will be better than him in 3 years time. 

7 minutes ago, Roux said:

You had that set up ready didn't you haha, well I don't remember saying that but I'll admit I was wrong. I will say he needs to carry on this good form for a while yet before you can call him a success story though, he's had a lot more bad games than great games for you still. 

17 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Guess we will have to agree to disagree, I don't see those players week in week out - I just know Rice plays well beyond his years, is a leader at 19 and there is a hell of a lot more to come from him. Pereira is 23 and not very good, so even if you think he isn't as good as him yet, I think we can both safely say he will be better than him in 3 years time. 

You had that set up ready didn't you haha, well I don't remember saying that but I'll admit I was wrong. I will say he needs to carry on this good form for a while yet before you can call him a success story though, he's had a lot more bad games than great games for you still. 

Pereira was playing brilliantly in La Liga against Barca, Atletico, Real etc last season at 21 years old..

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11137142/andreas-pereira-why-man-utd-youngster-is-flourishing-at-valencia

So i know he's better and much better. He's playing for a much bigger club so he might not get the game time someone like Rice would get at West Ham. Just because he's sitting on the bench now doesn't mean he has less quality than a player who is playing and playing consistently. Matic, Herrera and Fred are ahead of him. 

Agree - there's still alot of room for improvement with Lindelof, but as you said with Rice - he's quite young for a CB, we signed him at 22. He looks like a very good CB right now.  Not to say i think Rice is crap or anything i think hes a good player - but there is a culture in England to over hype these players. I think he should choose England and he should become a CB with Stones. 

Amen Sam, amen. 

Lot of Arsenal fans saying the same as well - in fact he's getting slated pretty badly by Gooners for his recent form saying he needs to be dropped. Rice is growing into the season and getting better and better while Matteo is falling away - even Arsenal fans would rather have Deccers than Sideshow Bob. 

24 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Amen Sam, amen. 

Lot of Arsenal fans saying the same as well - in fact he's getting slated pretty badly by Gooners for his recent form saying he needs to be dropped. Rice is growing into the season and getting better and better while Matteo is falling away - even Arsenal fans would rather have Deccers than Sideshow Bob. 

ah so we've taken to posting tweets from random Journo now have we? And that's become 'lots of Arsenal fans' ?

Even some of the replies disagree - 

I work with an Arsenal season ticket holder - and the Arsenal fans love him. He's 19 - of course he's going to have bad games. Rice will too. 

31 minutes ago, Roux said:

ah so we've taken to posting tweets from random Journo now have we? And that's become 'lots of Arsenal fans' ?

Even some of the replies disagree - 

I work with an Arsenal season ticket holder - and the Arsenal fans love him. He's 19 - of course he's going to have bad games. Rice will too. 

To be fair, you posted a Sky Sports News article well over a year old to prove that Periera is a good prospect so I thought it was fair game to be honest. 

He only played 1000 minutes for Valencia and 11 of his 23 apps were off the bench, doesn't seem like he made a huge mark there - he only started a quarter of their games all season. 

I know a couple Arsenal fans as well, they like Guendouzi and admire his enthusiasm but he is still very raw and runs around like a bit of a headless chicken a lot of the time, gives the ball away in bad areas/tries to overplay - Rice is much more assured, mature and composed, I can't believe this is even a debate as to who is better at this current time.