Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
niku

North American Tour 2009 General Discussion

22 posts in this topic

Now that the tour is over, and ive gone through and arranged and locked the threads by date, if you have anything to discuss about this tour, this is the topic to do it in.

seeing as all the individual dates are not locked, i thought there might be a need for this. if not, i will just delete it in a couple of weeks.

also, like i said in every thread, if you have ANYTHING to add to any of the individual dates, please PM me or luc and we will add it to the first post of the topic (this means videos, pics, reviews, articles. dont pm us with a comment you had on how good tom looked that night, because thats what this is for)

thanks guys. due to the success of this child board from this tour, i think we might do this again for upcoming, future tours.

1 person likes this

After going back and watching videos from throughout this tour, I actually really like the way Tom sings now. Yeah it has a very different tone than it did back in like 2000, but those changes happened gradually from 2002 with Box Car Racer all the way up until now, and it seems like his voice can handle more than it could back in '03/'04 (I still remember the KROQ vid of Obvious where his voice just sounds completely worn out at the end). If he would just get rid of the stupid falls at the end of phrases (a bad habit he seems to have picked up with AVA) and one or two other strange quirks, it'd be perfect!

blink-182 is at their prime right now, musically. before this tour, id never seen them so tight as a group, vocals and musically. he doesnt slur his words anymore, and actually sings. its great.

Agreed, their musicianship has been taken up a notch since their past tours, and I'd imagine a lot of that can be attributed to their other, more "serious" projects.

However, I'm still kinda disappointed in their showmanship.  They just seemed to have a much better stage presence pre-hiatus. Between Tom's strange new moves and Mark skipping lazily around stage smiling (even during songs like Obvious and Stockholm Syndrome), they just don't LOOK like they're into the music, even though they sound totally zeroed in. That's the one thing that I hope to see improve as they continue to tour, record, and re-find themselves as a group.

No smiling during serious songs, you bastard!

I did not mean to ... phone fucked up and I opened the wrong thread. My bad.

I'll bump any damn thread I see fit to make a terrible joke in, thank you.

2009 was probably the most exciting time to be a blink-182 fan.

Little did we know all the excitement was basically for nothing.

1995 for sure. Minimally attended club shows, Scott, Young Blink, no tombots, hang out with Blink after the show, start a Blink collection worth a fortune today.

Where is my time machine?

I agree, Oliver. Age 3 was the time to be alive, personally. Y'all ain't real.

2 people like this