Gibson.... worth the dough?

Campbell182

Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Fender Strat Standard?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Fender Strat Standard?

• Epiphone
    • Fender

I have a buddy who is a sick guitar player and he owns a Epiphone Les Paul Standard. It's a great sounding guitar and it looks like a real Gibson. He say's that he's played Gibson Les Paul Standards before and they are the exact same as the Epiphone version' date=' Gibsons are probably made of better wood but thats about it.

Can anyone relate cuz I'm wondering if I should throw out the extra cash[/quote']

thats one of the most rediculous things i've ever heard. YES the wood is better, but thats one of the MANY things. the gibson, first off, is just built better. gibsons are built to last a lifetime. you could have a gibson for years beyond years and beat the crap out of it, and it will still sound beautiful. also, gibsons dont go out of tune like epiphones. gibsons are built to last long and take a beating. and you could pound on a gibson and it will stay in tune. if i were you, i would spend the extra money on a gibson for SURE. epiphone is to gibson, like squier is to fender. there is no comparison at all. saying they are pretty much the same thing is rediculous.

I have a buddy who is a sick guitar player and he owns a Epiphone Les Paul Standard. It's a great sounding guitar and it looks like a real Gibson. He say's that he's played Gibson Les Paul Standards before and they are the exact same as the Epiphone version' date=' Gibsons are probably made of better wood but thats about it.

Can anyone relate cuz I'm wondering if I should throw out the extra cash[/quote']

thats one of the most rediculous things i've ever heard. YES the wood is better, but thats one of the MANY things. the gibson, first off, is just built better. gibsons are built to last a lifetime. you could have a gibson for years beyond years and beat the crap out of it, and it will still sound beautiful. also, gibsons dont go out of tune like epiphones. gibsons are built to last long and take a beating. and you could pound on a gibson and it will stay in tune. if i were you, i would spend the extra money on a gibson for SURE. epiphone is to gibson, like squier is to fender. there is no comparison at all. saying they are pretty much the same thing is rediculous.

For the most part, that is true, but Epiphone actually makes some great, high end guitars (like the Elitists and Masterbilt acoustics) while Squier's top of the line is what, $400?

If you are talking about canadian money, yes you are correct. It's like 200 dollars american for 'the top of the line' squier electric.

If are looking for Gibson quality at a fraction of the price...

Epiphone Elitists' are like 1599 but thats a hell better deal than 3000 for the Gibson. Alot of Indie bands use the Epiphone Elitists bands, much cheaper because they aren't made in USA but they are made with almost the eaxct same components

For the most part, that is true, but Epiphone actually makes some great, high end guitars (like the Elitists and Masterbilt acoustics) while Squier's top of the line is what, $400?

If you are talking about canadian money, yes you are correct. It's like 200 dollars american for 'the top of the line' squier electric.

I'm talking $US actually.

Check it: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search?sc=price&q=SQUIER&so=desc&d=tp

Hmm, I didn't know that, well probably since I haven't looked into Squier's for a while. Oh well, I would still go with a fender for 350 than some squier.

well yeah, I was talking about epi les paul standards, and such

• 2 weeks later...

ya I have a washburn electric and acoustic! the washburn is a copy of a gibson es 335.... the Acoustic is amazing great sound with a built in tuner and everything! but the electric......well the guitar is great but the pick ups?? hahahaha no.... but I put Gibson dirty fingers in...alot beter!