My new Rickenbacker

High Value Man

I know I might get some shit for this. But I had to.........This guitar is a work of art.

It's retails for nearly $4,000 on musiciansfriend. I got a good deal on it. Just like John Lennon's guitar, this has been modded with a bigsby tremelo. The Kaufmann it came with is shit. Why Rickenbacker puts that shit on their beautiful instruments is beyond me. However adding a bigsby actually increases the guitars value.

I love this thing. Too bad Visa credit card owns it and not me. But as long as I make the $100 montly payment, they won't take it away.  :-P

I can now say I have John Lennon's favorite guitar. This was his early Rickenbacker before he got the "Miami" model in 1964. I think I am a little crazy, but I want another Rickenbacker, maybe the black "Miami" one!

I don't own shit guitars anymore, yeh!!!!

3096042.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Holy fuck I hate you.

Goddamn I want that guitar hard, well done on getting one Oliver, but if I'm ever in America I'm gunna have to take it off you.

HAHA! Thanks!

you know guitar companies raise the prices sky high because they can, just like musicians....

Yeah, I know. Doesn't make it right.

seems like you got a bad case of GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) and just went with it.  

its a superb guitar, take care of it.  

And please play it through a nice amp too, it deserves it.

HAHA! Yep, that's pretty much what has happened.

I see like 10 guitars right now that I want.............this could get very expensive.

Anyway, thanks.

http://www.blink-182online.com/forums/index.php/topic,104723.0.html

Are you not getting that Maton anymore or are you just getting both?

I am getting both. The Maton still has not arrived yet and that pisses me off cause I bought it in Feb. The seller says it should be here today or tomorrow. He better not be trying to rip me off.

wow kool aid man, before i tell you how big of an asshole you are, you were joking right?

He's mocking me. He isn't serious.

I'd feel like a slimball having a bunch of expensive crap especially when so many others are without anything.

I admit, there is some hypocracy there. But not as much as you think.  Guitar has been a huge passion of mine for 15 years and it was time for a nice guitar, and since it's been my dream to own one of these guitars, I bought it. It's not like I live my entire life in greedy excess like various other people. IN short, huge difference between a few thousand on a guitar and living with millions. But the point is taken to the extent that it is an "excessive" item.

I must say though, it's pretty sad that some people are reduced to coming into the guitar section in an attempt to talk about things I bring up in other sections. It just shows how lacking their argument really is.

Guest THillingworth

I admit, there is some hypocracy there.

But the point is taken to the extent that it is an "excessive" item.

Goood :)

I must say though, it's pretty sad that some people are reduced to coming into the guitar section in an attempt to talk about things I bring up in other sections. It just shows how lacking their argument really is.

Dont see how it matters.

I was just trying to prove that you were being hypocritical and was glad you agreed.