AVA General Discussion

n i k u

Ever since I found out about Tom's back problems being caused by playing his guitar too low, I have been super paranoid about how high I hold it. I already had it a reasonable height but I always panic if it's low at all haha - in a weird way, what happened to him might have caused thousands of guitar playing kids to think twice about the looking cool aspect of playing guitar. 

3 hours ago, Kay said:

Ever since I found out about Tom's back problems being caused by playing his guitar too low, I have been super paranoid about how high I hold it. I already had it a reasonable height but I always panic if it's low at all haha - in a weird way, what happened to him might have caused thousands of guitar playing kids to think twice about the looking cool aspect of playing guitar. 

A lot of truth to this. I used to play guitar super low the way Tom did and realized as I got older it was retarded and hurting my back, so I moved way up. 3 years ago I fractured 3 vertebrae in my back and am still dealing with that. I can't even imagine playing like that as much as Tom did.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

AVA had some sick merch back in the day - I don't get why they don't go back to some of those designs or even the brands they were carrying. I remember they had a Moon Atomic hoodie that was super rad, and even the basic AVA hoodie that was freyed and had a giant stiched logo on the back of the hoodie. I got drunk and lost both of those hoodies, and I would be forever bummed. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 1:50 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

I randomly decided to put AVA on shuffle last night on a two-hour drive. Ended up listening to AVA for the entire two hours. Damn, I forgot how much I like this band. Start the Machine, Heaven, Diary, Valkyrie Missile, Chasing Shadows, fucking good stuff.

Heaven is definitely one of my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...