Jump to content
$Prince of Poultry$

AVA General Discussion

Recommended Posts

Im hoping this will be good. Most of his stuff hes put out since leaving blink has been decent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s hinting on the I-Empire/Love lineup. But knowing Tom that’s probably something he’s doing to create buzz in the fan base. He knows what the majority of the fans want.

 

also, Atom is with Against me, I have trouble believing that this is true. Nevertheless, I’m super excited either way but if it is the old lineup then It’s really great news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As crazy as he is, I'm always down to hear new material from Tom. Hopefully he actually releases something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Since88 said:

He’s hinting on the I-Empire/Love lineup. But knowing Tom that’s probably something he’s doing to create buzz in the fan base. He knows what the majority of the fans want.

 

also, Atom is with Against me, I have trouble believing that this is true. Nevertheless, I’m super excited either way but if it is the old lineup then It’s really great news.

Against Me! is scheduled for May and then nothing until August 4th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're not coming back, I'm 99% sure he's just stirring people up - it's going to be him and whatever drummer he can rope into it and that's all. The AVA guys won't want in without steady money/touring and that won't happen here.

Let's be honest though, this record probably won't see the light of day anyway. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kay said:

They're not coming back, I'm 99% sure he's just stirring people up - it's going to be him and whatever drummer he can rope into it and that's all. The AVA guys won't want in without steady money/touring and that won't happen here.

Let's be honest though, this record probably won't see the light of day anyway. 

Cant see why not if they’re all available. Atom isnt touring, david has a coffee shop - probably has some time, dont know about matt. They’ll come in from time to time to record then out. Def no touring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reginald said:

Cant see why not if they’re all available. Atom isnt touring, david has a coffee shop - probably has some time, dont know about matt. They’ll come in from time to time to record then out. Def no touring. 

They weren't involved for Dream Walker or the two EPs - why would he suddenly be able to get them back now? Atom officially left and ilan replaced him regardless, but I still don't see them randomly coming back - whats more likely is Tom baiting people with old pictures to try and drum up interest. It's just like every time he randomly brings up blinks history - its cheap marketing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Kay said:

They weren't involved for Dream Walker or the two EPs - why would he suddenly be able to get them back now? Atom officially left and ilan replaced him regardless, but I still don't see them randomly coming back - whats more likely is Tom baiting people with old pictures to try and drum up interest. It's just like every time he randomly brings up blinks history - its cheap marketing.

Eh time change, people change. Maybe they miss making music. Atom loves drumming and working. David is one of tom best friends and has been doing his other project so he clearly has time. Maybe tom is asking them to come in, hang out for 3 months, record and then they’re out. Cant see why not. Because tom doesnt want to tour? Because he’s a control freak? Has always been. I dont think they’re the type to have grudges, i think tom mentioned there were no bad feelings. 

Im not saying im certain, i just cant see why not. I think he wouldnt post a picture of them for marketing. I dont think he’s that stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kay said:

They're not coming back, I'm 99% sure he's just stirring people up - it's going to be him and whatever drummer he can rope into it and that's all. The AVA guys won't want in without steady money/touring and that won't happen here.

Let's be honest though, this record probably won't see the light of day anyway. 

It has a higher chance of being made than the next Blink album has of being any good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to know how fried/delusional Tom is, he thinks Atom/David/Matt are still in his band.

This is nothing but a marketing ploy to get some likes/interest. He may pull out an acoustic by himself next week and invite Aaron Rubin over for tacos but nothing more. Carry on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reginald said:

Eh time change, people change. Maybe they miss making music. Atom loves drumming and working. David is one of tom best friends and has been doing his other project so he clearly has time. Maybe tom is asking them to come in, hang out for 3 months, record and then they’re out. Cant see why not. Because tom doesnt want to tour? Because he’s a control freak? Has always been. I dont think they’re the type to have grudges, i think tom mentioned there were no bad feelings. 

Im not saying im certain, i just cant see why not. I think he wouldnt post a picture of them for marketing. I dont think he’s that stupid. 

The wording of the post would be very different if they were coming back - a lot of hard-core AVA fans want nothing more than the old band back together and he knows that very well. If it was happening, or close to happening, he'd directly say it to hype it up - instead he says 'we' referring to the band as a concept, not direct people, and uses an old photo. He does manipulative shit all the time, this is just more of it. I'd bet money on it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kay said:

The wording of the post would be very different if they were coming back - a lot of hard-core AVA fans want nothing more than the old band back together and he knows that very well. If it was happening, or close to happening, he'd directly say it to hype it up - instead he says 'we' referring to the band as a concept, not direct people, and uses an old photo. He does manipulative shit all the time, this is just more of it. I'd bet money on it.

As I said eight posts ago..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kay said:

The wording of the post would be very different if they were coming back - a lot of hard-core AVA fans want nothing more than the old band back together and he knows that very well. If it was happening, or close to happening, he'd directly say it to hype it up - instead he says 'we' referring to the band as a concept, not direct people, and uses an old photo. He does manipulative shit all the time, this is just more of it. I'd bet money on it.

He has changed the post to “I am starting a new album” instead of “we” now

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Since88 said:

He has changed the post to “I am starting a new album” instead of “we” now

wow for real...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom should just continue solo or start a new band.  He seems to thrive most with something new altogether.  Boxcar was excellent, AvA's first release(s) was excellent.  His first solo release had some moments.

 

Or keep AvA, call Johnny F, who will recruit Travis, and then make some quick money for his "Academies"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×