Guitar or Amp?

tmonty182

I wouldn't say anymore than 50 or something. I'm really not sure, I mean just to play around I wouldn't use a lot of watts in my amp, but say you wanted to get something like 50 watts, maybe something like this...

/>http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=141/g=guitar/s=amps/search/detail/base_pid/483189/

Along with the telecaster, that would be maybe 25 dollars over 700 but it would be a good buy.

It has 4 made into the amp, but if you already have a 20 watt Marshall Amp and you just play around the house, that should be fine for now, until you want to upgrade again, if you play in gigs or something, so it rather better to get a guitar now. I just noticed that you said that. Actually, what you should do (and yes, I have been saying this to a lot of people) if get a Gibson SG Faded. It is 650 american dollars, and it is completely worth the 650 dollars. It's a great guitar. Though, with the extra money you might want to put new pickups in, unless you like the regular humbuckers that are in there. Personally, I would put EMG-81's in there, or P-90's, rather than keep the standard humbuckers. It is completely worth the money to do. But also, if you start to play gigs and stuff, you need a new amp, so I would buy the guitar now, and save more money for a big amp that you will need. Though, it is all about personal preferance. I would reccomend playing the guitar before you go and just buy it.

Guest As1th8en2ia

with your situation i would definately have to suggest an amp over a guitar. which amp though, is all up to you. i dont know what style you go for

Definitely as long as your guitar isn't falling apart just replace the bridge pickup and get a new amp. So many guitarists get away with shitty guitars but good pickups. As long as the guitar works you just need to make sure you have a good pickip. The other major factor is the amp. I have a Epiphone SG Special but it sounds even better than my Fender cuz I have a SD SH-4 in the bridge. For live guitars I just buy a cheap used guitar that has a good feel to it and pop in a good pickup, new machine heads, and usually a new input jack just for good measure.