Dave "Brownsound" Baksh - Axology

x_The-Fallen-Uprising_x

I know alot of people on this board think Sum 41 are crap but they are my favourite band and this guy is a way better guitarist than Tom. He's my favourite guitar player from outta current bands and he has a great gig. Here's some pictures of a really great setup.

sumrig_01_lg.jpg

^Rack & Amps^

sumpb_lg.jpg

^Floorboard^

sumrig_02_lg.jpg

^Effects Drawer^

Links:

Message to Guitarists from Dave about using MXR: http://www.jimdunlop.com/news/artists/message.html

Q & A:

Q. What made you choose Crybaby wahs?

A. Well, I wasn’t getting the frequency response from the pedals I had owned, other than a couple of Vintage pedals I have collected. I tried the Dimebag signature wah out and loved the classic tone and range of frequencies. I really like the super high frequency the Dime has. The Dunlop Custom Shop put an Auto Return mod in the Dime for me as well. I like the auto return because the wah ends on the lowest frequency and not the high frequency. Plus, I always know the pedal is off when my foot isn’t on it!!!

Q. You have more than a couple of MXR pedals in your rack. Do you have them on for certain sounds during the set?

A. Yeah, the pedals have their moments throughout the set. The pedal that is on all the time is the Smart Gate. I love this pedal!!!!! It totally keeps my rig quiet and doesn’t affect my tone. The QZ-1 gives me the nasal tone à la Michael Schenker UFO tone. The Phase 100 gives the cool vintage Jimi Hendrix vibe. I like that I have a choice of four (4) different intensities.

Q. What is up with having two (2) Distortion pedals?

A. I have them set up for different flavors. The Dime Distortion is set up for my over-the-top lead runs. The Double Shot Distortion is my favorite. The tone possibilities are endless, and the two channels actually do vary in tone, not just dbs.

Q. Any tips for your fans?

A. Get past the three chords and learn some Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. That goes for any instrument. Put some effort into the riffs you write!!!

Guest As1th8en2ia

dave baksh (sp?) is a really good guitar player. simply the best i'd say in today's punk era. sure not all guitarists show how good they are but dave does. listen to some of his solos and stuff

Guest iameric

yeah, dave baksh is pretty good. he's one of the better one's out there i'd say. but i still prefer scott sellers and clark domae of rufio over him though.

p.s. i also prefer dustin and teppei over dave if they count.

Guest fakeasmile

i prefer satriani and petrucci ;)

no i think dave is a fuckin good guitarist because of his metal influences i think.

i saw him playing the master of puppets solo on mtv icon metallica. not bad. it's hard.