Yellowcard Reunion!

juice182

So, Ryan key is going on tour with New Found Glory this summer. Can't wait. The NFG/Yellowcard show I went to a few years ago was my favorite concert I've ever been to. I looked it up on YouTube and Ryan has been playing some solo shows already, and he's playing some really cool new renditions of classic Yellowcard songs. I love this:

I think it sounds rad. Can't wait for this tour! Plus Bayside is playing and I've never seen them, so that's a bonus.

• 4 months later...
On 6/7/2018 at 9:25 AM, Whales said:

I should have looked to see if there was a Yellowcard thread on here sooner. Favorite band of all time. Not super enthused with Ryan's new EP but maybe it'll grow on me with time.

The EP's been growing on me. I have to be in the right mood for it because it's so mellow, but if I'm in that mood, it's really good. "Old Friends" is one of my favorite songs right now.

I just got back from seeing Ryan perform the whole EP and Ocean Avenue at the New Found Glory show. He also played guitar in New Found Glory which was cool. I've now seen Yellowcard live with Cyrus Bolooki on drums, and New Found Glory live with Ryan Key on guitar. Fun stuff.

Anyway the show was great and I got to talk with Ryan after it ended. One of my heroes. It was a fun night!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The EP's been growing on me. I have to be in the right mood for it because it's so mellow, but if I'm in that mood, it's really good. "Old Friends" is one of my favorite songs right now.

Totally agree with that take on the EP. The more I listen the more I like it, but if I'm not in the right mood I have no interest haha. Old Friends is super good, but I do still wish it had that Yellowcard violin.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...

its so weird those bands that call it quit for attention, as part often of an emotinal melt down,

and then 4-5 years later comeback and say here we are! heres a new album! surprise!!!

unless they r very old like black sabbath or pink floyd, 

they shouldnt cal it quit but rather do like blink did in 2004 and say were taking a pause for now and maybe at some point in future will continue

7 hours ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

its so weird those bands that call it quit for attention, as part often of an emotinal melt down,

and then 4-5 years later comeback and say here we are! heres a new album! surprise!!!

unless they r very old like black sabbath or pink floyd, 

they shouldnt cal it quit but rather do like blink did in 2004 and say were taking a pause for now and maybe at some point in future will continue

It's all part of the game. Elton John is on what, his 3rd farewell tour now?

Most artists are regular human beings with families and real lives who really don't make a great deal of money, especially bands like Yellowcard who for most of their existence had 5 members. In 2017 Sean had just had a baby, they went out on their own terms with their self-titled record / final tour and I really think they thought that was it. Can't blame them for wanting to capitalize on the 20th anniversary of Ocean Avenue, just enjoy it while it lasts!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jimmy John said:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/childhood-eyes-ep/1686908777

Watched the stream on Twitch a couple hours ago. They're going to turn some heads with this EP.

So. Fucking. Good.

hell yeah. I saved the whole stream and have had it on repeat all day. each song has something different to offer in the best way.

I was excited for the stream and then I forgot to watch it lol.

it’s funny how blink’s hiatus felt like it lasted forever and Yellowcard’s was basically the same length but it barely even feels like they ever broke up.

Childhood Eyes sounds pretty good. Not the best but not bad at all. Can’t wait to hear the rest of the new songs.