juice182

Yellowcard Reunion!

So, Ryan key is going on tour with New Found Glory this summer. Can't wait. The NFG/Yellowcard show I went to a few years ago was my favorite concert I've ever been to. I looked it up on YouTube and Ryan has been playing some solo shows already, and he's playing some really cool new renditions of classic Yellowcard songs. I love this:

I think it sounds rad. Can't wait for this tour! Plus Bayside is playing and I've never seen them, so that's a bonus.

Unexpected surprise, a new version of Yellowcard's "California" on Ryan's new solo EP!

Edit: fuck, it got pulled from YouTube and isn't anywhere else. It sounded really good too. I'm trying to find it elsewhere.

I should have looked to see if there was a Yellowcard thread on here sooner. Favorite band of all time. Not super enthused with Ryan's new EP but maybe it'll grow on me with time.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 9:25 AM, Whales said:

I should have looked to see if there was a Yellowcard thread on here sooner. Favorite band of all time. Not super enthused with Ryan's new EP but maybe it'll grow on me with time.

The EP's been growing on me. I have to be in the right mood for it because it's so mellow, but if I'm in that mood, it's really good. "Old Friends" is one of my favorite songs right now.

I just got back from seeing Ryan perform the whole EP and Ocean Avenue at the New Found Glory show. He also played guitar in New Found Glory which was cool. I've now seen Yellowcard live with Cyrus Bolooki on drums, and New Found Glory live with Ryan Key on guitar. Fun stuff.

Anyway the show was great and I got to talk with Ryan after it ended. One of my heroes. It was a fun night!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The EP's been growing on me. I have to be in the right mood for it because it's so mellow, but if I'm in that mood, it's really good. "Old Friends" is one of my favorite songs right now.

Totally agree with that take on the EP. The more I listen the more I like it, but if I'm not in the right mood I have no interest haha. Old Friends is super good, but I do still wish it had that Yellowcard violin.

• Like 1