Need amp suggestion

Superhero

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've played in a band with dudes and it was more than just messing around. And back when I was in a semi serious thing, I was a broke high schooler.

I'm an adult now and can spend a little more on an Amp that will fit. I'm looking for recommendations either for a head+stack setup or a combo (tube?) set-up that will be loud enough for smaller shows were amps aren't mic'd. I'm in a easycore/pop-punk band so I'm looking for something that would suite that well.

Any recommendations? Thanks guys.

check out some of my videos that have my peavey valve king half stack. i LOVE my amp and i think it would suit you very well. i think the head and cab run for only like 900 or something combined. also, i'm not using any effects or distortion pedals in my vids

also, it sounds way better in person

• 1 month later...

Is it true that you need a good amp to really hear the quality/greatness of your guitar? I have this crappy like $70 amp and I need to upgrade, but I'm not sure I should get a really nice amp cause I'm not too good at guitar :(

Is it true that you need a good amp to really hear the quality/greatness of your guitar? I have this crappy like $70 amp and I need to upgrade, but I'm not sure I should get a really nice amp cause I'm not too good at guitar :(

definitely true. idk what kind of budget you're on, but i'm not really all that great at guitar either so i bought a Vox Valvetronix for like $250. It's reasonably cheap and it sounds great.