Recommend me a new amp

Meltdown Tracker

Currently have a G&L Tribute Stratocaster (a new brand made by the dude that started Fender).

p1_uk1034c0z_so.jpg

I'm using a Line 6 Spider III series, and it sounds pretty fake/cheap/plastic.

spider3-75-lg.jpg

I mainly play punk/pop-punk with some classic rock and metal from time to time.  Punk and classic rock are probably the 2 most important genres though.

• 2 weeks later...

A combo is like your line 6. Everything you need is there. They tend to be smaller than a stack or half stack, are lighter, cheaper to afford then a cab and head option despite sounding the same. A half stack/stack consists of two parts, a head and the speaker cabinet. They are then connected together using a speaker cable you plug in. The head (the bit that powers the amp, has the eq's, where you plug in etc) which is connected to a cabinet which contains the speakers. Cabs vary in size. Standard decent bands tend to use a 4 by 12 speaker cabinet and thats called a half stack. A full stack would have two 4 by 12 cabs on top of each other. I'd recommend a combo amp since if it's tube it will be loud enough and can always be miced up if you play at a large venue.