niku

August 5th...PNC Bank Arts Center...Holmdel, NJ

255 posts in this topic

I really wonder if someday down the road if blink will ever release a book covering their career, Scott, and what happened during the events that transpired before the break-up. It would defiantly be a good read.

Doesn't tales from beneith your mom cover most of this? Obviously not the breakup but there is that AVA video Tom put out where he goes into detail about the break up and everything.

Does it? It only goes up to EOTS I believe. I've never read it so I don't know, plus they should have it done by the band, like what the beatles did.

EDIT: Ah, you changed your post before I posted mine. :P

I really wonder if someday down the road if blink will ever release a book covering their career, Scott, and what happened during the events that transpired before the break-up. It would defiantly be a good read.

Doesn't tales from beneith your mom cover most of this? Obviously not the breakup but there is that AVA video Tom put out where he goes into detail about the break up and everything.

Does it? It only goes up to EOTS I believe. I've never read it so I don't know, plus they should have it done by the band, like what the beatles did.

EDIT: Ah, you changed your post before I posted mine. :P

Ha yeah, haven't read the book since it came out but I do believe they talk about scott and his departure from the band.

first 8 mins, feeling this, up all night, rock show: http://www.youtube.com/embed/tL_Y2f-ko_E

untitled new song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sLRQExpdMQ

hearts all gone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diLWDxWZjxc

ghost on the dancefloor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HabhVCNfOHU

josie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJelDWdwuLw

merch:

p8052270.jpg

p8052271.jpg

blink civic:

p8052274.jpg

p8052372.jpg

p8052363.jpg

p8052341.jpg

p8052365.jpg

p8052343.jpg

p8052355.jpg

heres my post of some pics and my videos before the thread eventually closes, enjoy and I do have alot more pics to post and most songs recorded so if you have a certain one you wanna see PM me and ill post it for you.

Wow, I really gained a lot of respect for Scott from that interview.

If Blink really wanted to make amends, they should do a charity show where money goes into his organization (stand up for kids).  Hell, even the organization reflects Blink's music and fan base.

Reading that Scott interview made me think... Mark and Tom are truly awful about dealing with band breakups/splits/etc... Kick Scott out, never talk to him again. Tom quits the band? The band never talks again.

Makes me wonder since they were able to put all the hiatus stuff behind them, if they could ever reconnect with Scott again. I think hearing about that would make me so happy.

I doubt Scott would be able to bring what Travis brought to Blink..

Oh I just meant them reconnecting as friends. There's no way they would ever let Scott replace Travis in a million years.

And Tales From Beneath Your Mom does touch on Scotts departure a little bit. But not much. I mean, I haven't read it in a couple years, but I don't remember it going into detail at all.

It is amazing some of you guys are just reading this because its been around for YEARS.

Tom once said in an interview that he was unhappy with the recording of Dude Ranch because Scott had broken his foot when he fell out of a 4 story window after his girlfriend broke up with him. It had hurt his drumming abilities.

"Sit out on a ledge, begged you to come down"

I've read two Scott interviews (post-blink) that I can remember, but I can't remember if this was one of them. The only one I remember for sure was an AbsolutePunk interview. This could have been the other one I read, but it's been a long time. Either way, I love hearing Scott's perspective.

Tom once said in an interview that he was unhappy with the recording of Dude Ranch because Scott had broken his foot when he fell out of a 4 story window after his girlfriend broke up with him. It had hurt his drumming abilities.

"Sit out on a ledge, begged you to come down"

I vaguely remember reading something about that.

It basically says that it was a great move for the band to kick an idiot like that out. You don't depend on alcoholic, suicidal nuts when it comes to making a living (unless you're a therapist or sell beer).

Does anyone know how much the hats cost? I know this isn't the merch thread, but that place is fairly barren.

20$

Here it is:

Chris:

Are you sad at the fact that you're not in blink anymore, considering that they are rich and famous now?

Scott: Money and fame are not important to me. tom and mark are different than me

and wanted different things for blink-182. I am not a fan of their new music.

Chris: If you were still in blink what kind of songs would you be writing? Do you think blink would still be successfull if you were still a part today?

Scott: I can't imagine what blink would be like if I were still in it. It was natural for us to go different ways. We made music together up until a point where we went different ways in our lives. Its like a tree branch, it splits into two, naturaly at some point.

Chris: Do you still listen to blink?

Scott: The only radio station I listen to is national public radio, so I dont hear blink on the radio. I dont watch television, so I dont see them there, and I dont buy their cd's, so I dont ever hear their music anywhere. Occaionaly I listen to old blink that I played on to reflect on my past.

Chris: "Hi Scott! I'm happy you're alive :) It probably sounds stupid but the rumors where

going that you had been killed :\ really worried me. Just wanted to say take care man, keep up the good work for kids! -Arve Olsen"

Scott: Hello Arve Olsen, thank you for your concern, I appreciate it alot. I am

starting school in february, probably to become a child phsycologist to help

the kids on the street.

Chris: What was it like playing with blink, and touring in the van?

Scott: I love to play music and I love to travel and meet people. It is truely

the greatest thing for me. I remember driving late at night across the country

and seeing so many stars in the night sky it was really beautiful. Ihen playing

shows and just having a great time and playing as fast as I could. It was

great. I loved being in the van, I felt more connected to the audience and the

terrain. I cant wait to do it again.

Chris: What do you think is the biggest misconception people get with you and the

Blink situation?

Scott:

I dont know because I dont know how people see me. When you get in the

situation where you are some kind of public figure people tend to place things on you that may not be true, I have done this many times with people I used to idolize as heros, now I see that they are merely humans who achieve great things, and make great mistakes too.

I was very young in the blink days, I started when i was 14. And during those 6 years I was unwilling to control my drinking. The pressures of succeding and the volitile nature of my personal life fed into my habit. I think the greatest misconception was that I was fired for drinking. I received a phone call from Mark, Tom, and Rick (manager), one afternoon after a recent tour. They gave me an ultimatum to quit drinkning and go into rehab. I didnt think I needed to go to rehab so I asked for the weekend to think about it, they agreed. I went out and got drunk. After that weekend I realized that I had a drinking habit that I needed to break, I told them I would go to rehab and they said they didnt trust me. So I asked if there was anything I could do to stay in the band and they said no. So I was never given a reason.

Another misconception is that I am somehow upset or bitter about this. When they said they wouldnt trust me to quit drinking I realized that I was not in the company of friends. And I wouldnt have wanted to be in a band whom are not my friends.

Chris: Did you get your piece of the bundle of cash made from Dude Ranch seeing as it went platinum?

Scott: I kept my share of rights to all the music I worked on. So I still receive royalty checks. I wanted to thank everyone who spent there money on a blink album. It puts a roof over my head, and is sending me to college. It also gives me the ablity to do two very important things: to do charity work that helps the homeless youth of america www.standupforkids.org, and to continue playing music.

Chris: Are you in a band right now? If so, what's the name of it?

Scott: I am playing the drums for a couple of friends of mine who are married and write songs together. We are called ISINGLASS. We will be recording three songs in january. We will put them on the web sometime.

Chris: Do you and blink still keep in contact with each other?

Scott: I dont know why blink and I dont talk. I recently tried to make peace with them but they never responded. I have heard through another person that they wanted to make peace too, but as of right now we dont talk. maybe one day we will talk.

Chris: What are your opinions on the new blink 182 cd?

Scott: i havent heard the new blink c.d..

For some reason I feel like he is alot more bitter then he acts. I mean come on if you were in a band that were on their way to sucess then got kicked out right as they became a household name, its just in human nature to be very bitter. I mean I highly doubt hes NEVER listned to any new blink stuff like he says.

He said in the absolutepunk interview that Adam's song was a really great song, so he has listened to at least some. I think he is very very bitter about it actually, the way he dismisses blink's later success as "not the kind I wanted", the absolutepunk one is quite a good read.

I couldn't care less about scott. He was a terrible drummer and he looked like a little douche.

Chris: Did you get your piece of the bundle of cash made from Dude Ranch seeing as it went platinum?

Scott: I kept my share of rights to all the music I worked on. So I still receive royalty checks. I wanted to thank everyone who spent there money on a blink album. It puts a roof over my head, and is sending me to college. It also gives me the ablity to do two very important things: to do charity work that helps the homeless youth of america www.standupforkids.org, and to continue playing music.

I find this funny. I bet he gets quite a boost on his bank account everytime blink puts out something new. Most of the kids at the shows I went to after the reunion were teens - new fans. Given the fact that this new fans also buy some of the old records when they get into the band, I bet they still sell quite a lot of copys of dude ranch.

While I think about it.. It's not only the record sales. Everytime Dammit or Josie or any other song gets played on the radio or at a live show he must be payed royalties as he was involved in writing them. I bet if you leed a normal life you can pretty much live of that whithout doing anything.

Good point. He then probably gets paid a share for Greatest Hits sales as well.