Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Meltdown Tracker

This seems like one of those movies that could turn out being terrible, yet I really want to see it. Haha. Plus it's doing well on Rotten Tomatoes so that's good. Hope to see this sometime within the next week if possible.

That's what I thought when I first heard about it, but I've heard nothing but good things from people. Definitely going to check it out this weekend.

Amazing movie. Makes the older Planet of the Apes irrelevant.

This. Just saw it like an hour ago. So good.

The first half or so was surprisingly sad. But this movie had me rooting against the human race, which is awesome. Haha.

I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be a series reboot, so the older movies wouldn't necessarily be relevant in this case. I'm all for a new series based off this movie. It was great. Of course it'll have to be different though, considering the whole point of the original movie was that you don't know they've been on Earth the entire time until the end of the movie. Starting the series out like this, obviously we know it's Earth ahead of time.

• 2 weeks later...

The first half or so was surprisingly sad. But this movie had me rooting against the human race, which is awesome. Haha.

I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be a series reboot, so the older movies wouldn't necessarily be relevant in this case. I'm all for a new series based off this movie. It was great. Of course it'll have to be different though, considering the whole point of the original movie was that you don't know they've been on Earth the entire time until the end of the movie. Starting the series out like this, obviously we know it's Earth ahead of time.

They already did the first reboot with the Mark Wahlberg film.  It was way worse, but had that premise of being on Earth the whole time and not knowing it until the end.

What are you talking about???

Go and watch the original film again and you will see that everything is completely relevant.  As a prequel film (which is actually a remake of the 4th Apes film).  It was a good film, I really enjoyed it and the fact that it ties in with the original was even better.

They already did the first reboot with the Mark Wahlberg film.  It was way worse, but had that premise of being on Earth the whole time and not knowing it until the end.

Yeah I still haven't seen that one. Haven't heard good things about it, but I'd be interested in seeing it eventually.