Neighborhoods Review Thread

iSimon

I haven't posted on the boards in so long, but i figured in loue of the new album leaking i figured now would be a good time.

I haven't read too much of this thread, but in the first few pages people were bashing Fighting the Gravity. I think its easily the best song. I can hear all different influences; it reminds me of weatherman, fallen interlude, self-titled's dive into the experimental (in blink's way), with a little boxcar and ava. And one of the high points in the song are the lyrics and vocal melodies. I wish mark was on the album more... Travis's drums on this song are SICK. all his crazy fills towards the end of the song are some of the freshest from him since self titled, i think.

i couldn't wait.

notes: Natives being completely not what i expected (it was immensely better and made me forget i was only on the second track), Snake Charmer is badass and the outro reminds me of Blur but in the "fuuuuuuuuck yeah" kind of way, hearts all gone interlude is sooooooooo much better than i anticipated and is great on it's own as well, i'm glad that riff tom showed on modlife became a blink song (wishing well), Kaleidoscope sounds groovy and really digging the guitar and piano, this is home does remind me of ava and 'after hours' by we are scientist but has a redeeming chorus, MH is good classic Mark and Travis can't go wrong here, Love is Dangerous is nice and all but not crazy about it now maybe later, Fighting the Gravity is a great track that is something i'd love to hear more from blink.

I haven't posted on the boards in so long, but i figured in loue of the new album leaking i figured now would be a good time.

I haven't read too much of this thread, but in the first few pages people were bashing Fighting the Gravity. I think its easily the best song. I can hear all different influences; it reminds me of weatherman, fallen interlude, self-titled's dive into the experimental (in blink's way), with a little boxcar and ava. And one of the high points in the song are the lyrics and vocal melodies. I wish mark was on the album more... Travis's drums on this song are SICK. all his crazy fills towards the end of the song are some of the freshest from him since self titled, i think.

agreed I really really like fighting the gravity, like you said its like weatherman (which I like that song a lot as well). when i listen to gravity I get a feeling of paranoia and tripping out. love it.

the more i listen to it, the more it feels like self titled, but with a blend over previous work.

in my opinion, all of AVA and +44 influences are blink influences, because where do you think mark and tom got ideas for those projects? blink. if you speed up any AVA songs and throw travis on drums, you basically get a blink song. and if you take any +44 song and add tom to the mix, you get a blink song. the entire "hate ava" shit is rediculous, sure i dont like them so much, but get real.

i think alot of fans were expecting broken down basic pop punk like toypaj. which would be a step backwards for them. but they took elements from both self titled and anything toypaj and older. i like it a lot. they kind of fine tuned what they were after when they experimented with self titled.

People hear synth, they think AVA, they remember that they dislike AVA, and therefore they don't like the song.  Nevermind that they've used synth extensively since 1999.

this exactly, people are so retarded I swear. Before AVA the synths and space sounds on asthenia/not now didnt bother anyone. The kinda ava-ish sound to lost without you didn't bother anyone. Then ava does young london, guitar intro similar to m&m's/cheshire. Then they do that again here on Natives and everyone immediately thinks ava. when in reality its a direct blink influence, not ava. And we know riffs used on WDNTW were supposed to be for blink. People just look for ava stuff in these new songs I think to have a reason not to like it.

Lets not forget that theres synth on All The Small Things, its just real low in the mix.

People hear synth, they think AVA, they remember that they dislike AVA, and therefore they don't like the song.  Nevermind that they've used synth extensively since 1999.

this exactly, people are so retarded I swear. Before AVA the synths and space sounds on asthenia/not now didnt bother anyone. The kinda ava-ish sound to lost without you didn't bother anyone. Then ava does young london, guitar intro similar to m&m's/cheshire. Then they do that again here on Natives and everyone immediately thinks ava. when in reality its a direct blink influence, not ava. And we know riffs used on WDNTW were supposed to be for blink. People just look for ava stuff in these new songs I think to have a reason not to like it.

Lets not forget that theres synth on All The Small Things, its just real low in the mix.

Hell the synths in Wendy Clear are really audible throughout the whole song.

Not to mention the Young London riff was originally written for this blink record...