What if blink never broke up ????

jrmcfly

So by now I'm sure we all have listen to the new blink album since it leaked early this morning. But my question is, what if blink never broke up what. Do you think this would be the album they would release in 2006 if they didn't break up n put one out that year ? Do you think tom would of discovered that ava sound and use it in the new blink record ? Or do you think the album would sound completely different from neighborhoods ? Im just very curious to what everyone thinks ? And last but not lest do you think how many more albums and years you think blink has left in them ? You think this be last album or do they have it in them to record one more or a few more ? To be honest id rather have them record and put out an EP every year, i think a band can develop more musically by doing that. Since its proven it has worked for many bands in rock n roll.

p.s id probably missed spelled or didn't punctuate right but i really don't care.

It would sound a million times different.  They wouldnt have grown musicianly and that AVA/+44 sound wouldnt be there.  I honestly think them breaking up worked out for the best. We got 3 good AVA albums (if you like that stuff) and this is probably blinks best album yet

I really wonder how different the recording was doing this without Jerry Finn.

It would sound a million times different.  They wouldnt have grown musicianly and that AVA/+44 sound wouldnt be there.  I honestly think them breaking up worked out for the best. We got 3 good AVA albums (if you like that stuff) and this is probably blinks best album yet

I really wonder how different the recording was doing this without Jerry Finn.

I agree. Hearing this album just shows how much the break needed to happen.

people need to get off the jerry finn shit. like anyone here knows anything about jerry finn or what his "producing" is like lol..

yes..we DO know what his producing is like...how about..uh.....enema of the state...toypaj... mt & t show, box car racer, blink self titled.

his producing comes through in the music. and give the guy some respect, seriously. he suffered a tragic death and was taken way to soon, leaving behind family and tons of friends. he was a great producer and obviously an even better friend to blink, among a lot of other people.

people need to get off the jerry finn shit. like anyone here knows anything about jerry finn or what his "producing" is like lol..

yes..we DO know what his producing is like...how about..uh.....enema of the state...toypaj... mt & t show, box car racer, blink self titled.

his producing comes through in the music. and give the guy some respect, seriously. he suffered a tragic death and was taken way to soon, leaving behind family and tons of friends. he was a great producer and obviously an even better friend to blink, among a lot of other people.

none of us have any idea what kind of a producer jerry finn was. Untitled was "produced" nothing like Enema or Toypaj. Neighborhoods was "produced" nothing like Untitled.

Yeah, he was a good producer, judging by the shit he has his name on, but for fans to sit around acting like he would have changed this and that is just ridiculous. It's more disrespectful to act like you have any idea about Jerry Finn or what he did in the recording process imo. It's turned into some kind of creepy scapegoat.

Mark said they got to the same point they would have with Finn, but that it just took a bit longer. I'll take his word on that.

ugh yeah, most of us do... he produced some of the best albums by Alkaline Trio, AFI, Blink-182, Sum 41, etc

those bands wouldnt be where they are today without him

dookie!

ugh yeah, most of us do... he produced some of the best albums by Alkaline Trio, AFI, Blink-182, Sum 41, etc

those bands wouldnt be where they are today without him

that's not my point...at all. obviously he's worked with some awesome bands and got his hands on some quality shit.

the point is that he had nothing to do with neighborhoods and that no one has any idea what he would have changed on it, if anything. it's pointless to speculate.

It's annoying to hear people say, "oh jerry wud hav nvr let that part stay in song".

If Blink had never broke up... Maybe they would have actually made a good record... Maybe Jerry would have been there to make SURE blink made a good record.

Tom's melodies and overall vocal style on the new blink album are terrible. The production is awkward and super thin... The drums are all over the place... Marks vocals sound like how he usually sounds but let's be real... he's written way better melodies too.

I loved untitled. I loved the "mature" blink sound. But this stuff is just mediocre songwriting. I tried to like this record as hard as I could. I love everything Blink has put out, I love box car racer, I love +44 I even love the first AVA record. But this is a thrown together mess. I haven't posted on here for years but I couldn't help myself..

I don't want old blink back... I just hoped they would write songs that I can actually remember the melodies of like they used to and songs that I can actually relate to.

most of you will say "At least we got a blink record" ... but honestly... this isn't blink... this is a weird experiment that was recorded in separate locations... blink is a rock band..not the postal service.  I will always be a hardcore blink fan but I just can't enjoy this record in it's entirety. Up all Night left me optimistic.. Heart's All Gone is cool... I wish I could get more into this record.

What are you guys hearing that I'm not?

Does anyone really think this is Blink 182's best work?

^

I agree with alot of what you say.

However.. There are some really good songs on this record.

But when I go back to listening to the good old tunes, there's no doubt in my mind that they're infinitely much better.

To me this record currently feels a lot like AVA's "LOVE". (which) Had one or two good songs, but I totally forgot about that record and it's songs after a few weeks.

I'm sure this won't happen to neighbourhoods.. But that's pretty much only because it's blink.

I was hoping for something fresher, newer alike something I've never heard before. It's way too similiar to alot of the AVA stuff.

Totally man... I think Love is AVA's worst record by far. I feel like Tom's approach to music is just really weird now. It's like he has no desire to get a "full"sound.. he just wants to have his weird retard sounding vocals ranting about the rain and stars and demons over some really thin U2 sounding guitar riff and a dance beat under it. I just don't like his writing style anymore I guess. I feel like Mark just wanted to have Blink back in his life and tour with blink and be Mark from Blink 182 again... so I think hes just stoked to be doing that.

like I said there were a few tracks I enjoyed but not nearly as much as I enjoyed every other blink song before this record. Blink used to be the one band that to me couldn't write a bad song if they tried. Now they've got a record full of them.

If they never broke up, their new album would probably have some version of the adventure, Toms voice wouldve been younger and sounded better, production wouldve been better. Some of the songs wouldve probably had delay in it but not too much. And of course Jerry Finn wouldve made it sound a million times better.

Yes i know what Finn's producing was like.

none of us have any idea what kind of a producer jerry finn was. Untitled was "produced" nothing like Enema or Toypaj. Neighborhoods was "produced" nothing like Untitled.

Yeah, he was a good producer, judging by the shit he has his name on, but for fans to sit around acting like he would have changed this and that is just ridiculous. It's more disrespectful to act like you have any idea about Jerry Finn or what he did in the recording process imo. It's turned into some kind of creepy scapegoat.

Mark said they got to the same point they would have with Finn, but that it just took a bit longer. I'll take his word on that.

I don't really post... just come here for news and opinions every now and then. I just HAVE to support your statements - - totally agree and understand (not just the bold parts either). RIP Finn, the what-ifs won't bring him back. I like to think of it as a Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan type of relationship.

As for the topic, I'm glad the break-up happened. Adds to the drama and depth of the songs. If they never broke up, I just can't see what else they'll be singing about after S/T that would be relevant or interesting. Also, if "Neighborhoods" was used back then, I'd consider it the corniest album title ever haha. I don't think the explanation now would be as profound back then had they not broken up.