Thinking back how excited were you when you saw THIS

Aria

haha holy shit I remember how confused I was at the change.  What happened to Carol?  Who are these two guys?  I was so confused, but then got super amped when I realized it meant it would be almost all Mark vocals.  And then when Lycanthrope was posted, I got super excited cuz I realized the band wasn't going to be as big of an electronic band as they first announced, and in fact would sound like fucking blink without Tom's vocals.  Truly Mark's equivalent of the Box Car Racer album.

haha holy shit I remember how confused I was at the change.  What happened to Carol?  Who are these two guys?  I was so confused, but then got super amped when I realized it meant it would be almost all Mark vocals.  And then when Lycanthrope was posted, I got super excited cuz I realized the band wasn't going to be as big of an electronic band as they first announced, and in fact would sound like fucking blink without Tom's vocals.  Truly Mark's equivalent of the Box Car Racer album.

that's where everyone is totally wrong. +44's sound was way ahead of their time and almost came off as a prog rock album. songs like little death and weatherman sound nothing like blink. it's was totally new and that's what i loved about this band. everyone is brainwashed into thinking "it's just blink without tom" simply because it had two pop punk songs.

everything was different from blink other than the fact that it had mark and travis as members, imo. the guitar parts in no way resembled tom's playing style, mark starting using more complex bass parts, travis totally raped anything he had done prior, and the lyrics were by far mark's best work.

then again, it's all opinion. but come on, this band was constantly surprising me with awesome shit that blink doesn't do. iTunes cover-singles, acoustic tracks, hmnim podcasts that tied in with their stage banter, daily tour blog updates from mark, etc.

that's where everyone is totally wrong. +44's sound was way ahead of their time and almost came off as a prog rock album. songs like little death and weatherman sound nothing like blink. it's was totally new and that's what i loved about this band. everyone is brainwashed into thinking "it's just blink without tom" simply because it had two pop punk songs.

everything was different from blink other than the fact that it had mark and travis as members, imo. the guitar parts in no way resembled tom's playing style, mark starting using more complex bass parts, travis totally raped anything he had done prior, and the lyrics were by far mark's best work.

then again, it's all opinion. but come on, this band was constantly surprising me with awesome shit that blink doesn't do. iTunes cover-singles, acoustic tracks, hmnim podcasts that tied in with their stage banter, daily tour blog updates from mark, etc.

Completely disagree, the entire album sounds like self titled if Mark had complete control of that album.  Which is what I'd say is the same for Box Car Racer but for Tom.  I respect your opinion, but I definitely hear blink in all +44 songs, including little death and weatherman.

(in my opinion) the only songs on self titled that sound similar to +44 are violence, stockholm syndrome, and the fallen interlude. like i said before, the guitar parts are definitely way different than what tom would have written. pretty much all of the instruments just seem more well done, making it appear separate from blink.

+44 sounds nothing like blink aside from the 2011 blink. If I'd heard it at the time it was released I would've been like WTF happened to Mark Hoppus and liked it after a while, but it's definitely not just blink without Tom singing.

I just disagree.  Yes the guitar playing is noticeably not Tom, but that doesn't change the overall sound.  WYHSB sounds so much to me like Mark's BCR.  Its mature and its veins run deep in blink-182.  Tell me that songs like Baby, Come On and Cliff Diving don't remind you of the type of music we were hearing from blink on self titled.  I mean fuck, I was saying the same thing when the album was first released.

Finally someone hears what I hear on that album.  It was, and possibly still is way ahead of it's time.  I think in a couple more years people will rediscover it and realize how amazing it is.  I hope at least.

Finally someone hears what I hear on that album.  It was, and possibly still is way ahead of it's time.  I think in a couple more years people will rediscover it and realize how amazing it is.  I hope at least.

I remember used to update every week or so with a new lyric. When I saw 'Our bare feet were framed on the horizon' - that's what stands out the most to me when I think of this band.

And the AVA side of things, I just remember watching that first contact video over and over again just to hear 'everyone, everyone will listen'

Shit. i'm going to sit down and listen to these albums all the way through tonight. I loved WYHSB and WDNTW.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember both moments like them were yesterday. The +44 album was absolutely pure gold to me, even with the first AvA album out after all that period. +44 got me. I still think is a really under rated album, Much better than AvA and less recognized.

Also, I remember the day WDNTW leaked. As I said several times, I still own that copy (which was a little different compared to the final edition). I remember the date: April 11, 2006.

Great memories. I was finishing college... wow. Time passes really fast.