The (+44) General Discussion Topic

radioactive tomdog

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2016 at 11:19 AM, daveyjones said:

from the source that i got the mp3s from:

"44disasters.com (sister site of the late and great PunkDisasters.com) uploaded this a couple years back to go with an exclusive interview with Mark Hoppus. 
These are early demos done while Carol Heller was still in the band.

1. Cliff Diving
2. Little Death (instrumental)
3. Puppy Killing Machine (early title of Make You Smile)"

man punkdisasters had such an awesome community. I came from there originally when 44disasters pretty much shut itself down. 

• 5 months later...

+44 is probably my 2nd favorite Blink related album of all time if you include all the side projects. It's 1. TOYPAJ 2. +44 

It's crazy that was 11 years ago, everyone looks like they are in their prime! Such a shame that Tom/Mark wasted these years apart, but I would've been fine with +44 forever. I wish we had a second album from them, I can definitely imagine "Hearts All Gone" being a lead single on the 2nd +44 album.

I found a crappy video I put together after seeing +44 live, I remember thinking this was the closet to seeing Blink as I would ever see... 

Trav's green drumkit is still my favorite, I used to love "No It Isn't" live when he would start off smoking a cigarette during the slow part of the song, then right when it kicks in he would flick his cigarette and go OFF. Got me so hype! So crazy that he was in the plane crash 2 months after I shot this video:

6 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

+44 is probably my 2nd favorite Blink related album of all time if you include all the side projects.

Dude me too, I love this album. But for me it's 1. blink's Untitled album, and then 2. When Your Heart Stops Beating. It's seriously one of the best things any of the blink guys have ever made.

• 1 month later...
On 2-3-2017 at 5:28 PM, ryan1125 said:

+44 is probably my 2nd favorite Blink related album of all time if you include all the side projects. It's 1. TOYPAJ 2. +44 

It's crazy that was 11 years ago, everyone looks like they are in their prime! Such a shame that Tom/Mark wasted these years apart, but I would've been fine with +44 forever. I wish we had a second album from them, I can definitely imagine "Hearts All Gone" being a lead single on the 2nd +44 album.

I found a crappy video I put together after seeing +44 live, I remember thinking this was the closet to seeing Blink as I would ever see... 

Trav's green drumkit is still my favorite, I used to love "No It Isn't" live when he would start off smoking a cigarette during the slow part of the song, then right when it kicks in he would flick his cigarette and go OFF. Got me so hype! So crazy that he was in the plane crash 2 months after I shot this video:

I have never heard mark sing so close to the album version....the +44 days were really good. I think he sounded at his best during that era....and then the 00s ended and mark's voice got old :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm listening to WYHSB now, it's been a while and the songs have aged better than I thought they would ... still, you know how everything sounds when your ears are plugged or when you need to pop them from pressure? That's how this album sounds ..  it could use a touch up.

7 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I'm listening to WYHSB now, it's been a while and the songs have aged better than I thought they would ... still, you know how everything sounds when your ears are plugged or when you need to pop them from pressure? That's how this album sounds ..  it could use a touch up.

That was always a complaint of mine too, especially the drums.  The cymbals are compressed HEAVILY and have no sustain on the hits and it really bothers me.  #nitpickwutever 

Not every album can sound as good as California though.

20 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

That was always a complaint of mine too, especially the drums.  The cymbals are compressed HEAVILY and have no sustain on the hits and it really bothers me.  #nitpickwutever 

Not every album can sound as good as California though.

I thought it was just me ... glad it's not!

You know, I wouldn't mind a break from Blink if Hoppus and Barker have the juice to do another project like +44. I hate Weatherman and Chapter 13 but everything else was really well written ... lyrics are a bit cheesy at times but not bad. I hate "the past is only the future with the lights on" ... it's one of those lines you throw out there to sound deep but it doesn't really mean anything at all. It's a silly line.