What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

It was great and conversation-sparking with my friend I watched it with, but if I see a David Lynch work (outside of his doc) that doesn't have bizarre musical interludes and dramatic flourishes for the sake of them that don't actually relate to the plot but throw you right off, I will eat my own shit.

22 hours ago, ungroovy said:

It was great and conversation-sparking with my friend I watched it with, but if I see a David Lynch work (outside of his doc) that doesn't have bizarre musical interludes and dramatic flourishes for the sake of them that don't actually relate to the plot but throw you right off, I will eat my own shit.

Inland Empire is like the most Lynch thing he's ever done and maybe his worst film (I still haven't seen W@H). Perhaps MD is probably too non-linear for you to like on the first go? It's a film that benefits from multiple viewings and some dissecting. I think overall though, it's his best one. Did you watch Fire Walk With Me?

• 2 weeks later...

Mulholland Drive is one of the best movies of all time. The atmosphere and acting in that movie are just unbelievable. Seen it about ten times.

Inland Empire is what happens when Lynch goes full retard. What an awful piece of crap.

Anyway, saw Alien Covenant today. So happy that the alien is back to its brutal self after two AvP abortions. The last 30 minutes or so were thrilling. Didn't really like the mythology-related revelations though; they took away a lot of the mystery surrounding the creatures.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Anyway, saw Alien Covenant today. So happy that the alien is back to its brutal self after two AvP abortions. The last 30 minutes or so were thrilling. Didn't really like the mythology-related revelations though; they took away a lot of the mystery surrounding the creatures.

Dude I cannot wait to see this!!  I'm a huge fan of the series, and to be honest have already spoiled a decent amount because I couldn't wait.  

I have some theories about certain characters and ways they could go in the future, and actually enjoy how they're handling the origin of the Xenos. 

On 5/8/2017 at 9:11 AM, M!ke said:

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 last night, and I loved it.  I'd say its as good, if not even a bit better than the first.  They did seem to try to have more humor overall than the first, but it was never overbearing so I didn't mind at all.  I also love just how completely different the story was from the first movie, making it one of those sequels whose existence feels completely justified and not just made because the first one was a big success or because its all a part of the MCU (though aside from a few mentions of Thanos, you'd really have no idea its connected to the MCU at all), it also made me look back at the first movie in retrospect and realize a few key scenes now make more sense.

Saw this last night too, loved it.  It was awesome getting to know the characters better without having some kind of cliche bad-guy like seemingly every super-hero movie. 

Loved me some Yondu. 

16 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Saw this last night too, loved it.  It was awesome getting to know the characters better without having some kind of cliche bad-guy like seemingly every super-hero movie. 

Loved me some Yondu. 

Yondu really stole the film in my opinion.  I mean I loved him in the first movie, but I truly found him fantastic in the second movie.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Dude I cannot wait to see this!!  I'm a huge fan of the series, and to be honest have already spoiled a decent amount because I couldn't wait.  

I have some theories about certain characters and ways they could go in the future, and actually enjoy how they're handling the origin of the Xenos. 

If you have no problems with the mythology stuff, there should be nothing in this movie that you won't like. I've thought about the movie a lot since last night. The alien(s) is so badass in this movie, so hostile for no other reason but plain hostility.

I like how Scott also seems to have realized that you cannot shock people with plain violence anymore (like Alien did back in the day), so he made the movie super disturbing as well.

• Like 1

Almost Adults - weird indie canadian LGBT film on netflix, only watched it because I like some of the sketches the writer and director do on youtube. suffers from typical film formulas, feels studenty and some horrifically bad acting in places, and its quite juvenile considering the graphic nature of some of it, but it was harmless fluff I guess and I've seen much much worse films that had much bigger budgets, so I'll give them that.

49 minutes ago, Kay said:

Almost Adults - weird indie canadian LGBT film on netflix, only watched it because I like some of the sketches the writer and director do on youtube. suffers from typical film formulas, feels studenty and some horrifically bad acting in places, and its quite juvenile considering the graphic nature of some of it, but it was harmless fluff I guess and I've seen much much worse films that had much bigger budgets, so I'll give them that.

That sounds terrible!

4 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

anybody what that show about them taking a youtube star and giving him money to make a movie and it's terrible. I think it was called The Chair? Was it like that?

thats basically every youtuber movie, they all suck. 

On 2017-05-18 at 11:39 AM, MSandt said:

Do you need to see any of the previous Aliens to enjoy this movie?