What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

29 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri -  Pretty fucking funny! Frances McDormand was very convincing in her role for sure. But I felt there were a bit too many coincidences...Also there were several moments were the dark humor felt a bit shticky?

All in all, still a solid movie

8/10 

"Did she really say 'beget?'"

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Speedo said:

I've wanted to punch Frances McDormand in the face ever since I saw Fargo a second time ... So, about 12 years now.

What? Why? Fargo is great. If anything, her role in Burn After Reading made me want to peel my brains out, although intentional. Fargo she was good.  Burn After Reading is the best Coen film don't care what anyone says.

12 hours ago, theedge00 said:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri -  8/10 

I'm pretty interested in seeing this one.

15 hours ago, MSandt said:

Spider-Man Homecoming. 

Why are people still watching Superhero movies.  Why are these STILL in.  Crazy, been going on forever now.

7 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

What? Why? Fargo is great. If anything, her role in Burn After Reading made me want to peel my brains out, although intentional. Fargo she was good.  Burn After Reading is the best Coen film don't care what anyone says.

I'm pretty interested in seeing this one.

Why are people still watching Superhero movies.  Why are these STILL in.  Crazy, been going on forever now.

If you like Fargo I think that you're gonna enjoy Three Billboards!

• Like 1

Bladerunner 2049

7/10

I really liked the visuals, kind of slow and dumb at times, but pretty cool and interesting at others. 

This is The End

7/10

I actually like this comedy. Really dumb. Really really dumb, but I can't help but like the concept. First half was 10x funnier than the last although awesome backstreet boys cameo ending.

8 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Yeah I could watch Burn After Reading easily a few times a year. I love how everyone in the movie is a total moron; the Coen brothers seem to love such characters.

8 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

I've been reading Marvel comic books, mostly Spider-Man, since 1990 or so, and back then there were no Marvel superhero movies (except for a few crappy ones), so I'm kinda watching the movies hoping that one day they'd come up with one that'd match the quality of the comic books. I don't know why the general non-comic-book-reading public keeps watching these movies; maybe they're just easy entertainment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nshesaid said:

Bladerunner 2049

7/10

I really liked the visuals, kind of slow and dumb at times, but pretty cool and interesting at others. 

This is The End

7/10

I actually like this comedy. Really dumb. Really really dumb, but I can't help but like the concept. First half was 10x funnier than the last although awesome backstreet boys cameo ending.

I watched all of Blade Runner 2049 but I wasn't happy about it. I enjoy the director's cut of the original ... This one was just dull and I spent a lot of it on my phone ...

6 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

That's the way to watch movies! Occasionally looking up from your phone while surfing the web.

It's how you watch boring movies!

Every movie gets half an hour phone and distraction free. After that it's fair game; make better movies.

I hattteee watching movies with people who go on their phone or have convos with eachother during, especially when it's one you are trying to show them and they miss the best parts.  Pet peeve.

I'll be fair though, Blade Runner 2049, especially for someone who has no knowledge of the previous ones and the plot, was very boring.  I like slow movies and slow builds that take their time, but it's like this wasn't going anywhere.  It was going to scenes with no meaning, like talking to his projected girlfriend for an hour and then making out before being interrupted.
I think I need to see the original because I did like the concept a bit.

7 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

there are a million different cuts of Blade Runner, one has a voiceover from Harrison Ford he hated so much he tried to tank it on purpose but they used it anyway lol. 

I mean the original release and the Final Cut release.