What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

On 4/16/2018 at 9:42 AM, _Kyle_ said:

Ready Player One (2018)

D+

Fuck this shit movie.

A Quiet Place (2018)

B

Has some problems but pretty well made. If you want something tense and quick, this will get you there.

I loved both of these. 

Hate to say it because I figured it would be terrible, but I watched Jumanji the other day, and it was great too.

The only sequels that hold a candle to the original are Ace Ventura, Clerks and Jackass. Maybe Wayne’s World. 

I saw Super Troopers 2 last night and thought it was BY FAR the best sequel to a comedy I’ve ever seen. I don’t think comparing it to the first one is fair for either, because we’ll see if 2 is funny 17 years from now. But I think comparing my first viewing of each, I bet I laughed at 2 more than 1. 

7 hours ago, Ghent said:

I loved both of these. 

Hate to say it because I figured it would be terrible, but I watched Jumanji the other day, and it was great too.

Not to rant about it, but I felt like RP1 was like a computer program put together a movie. Also it being 2+ hours long just drove me nuts. I wanted to walk out, but stayed to see it to the bitter end. I wanted something beyond just fanboy posturing.

Jumanji seems like a fun time, and I might see it in its second run.

37 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Jumanji 2 was better than it had any right to be. I'm still astounded.

Caught it half way through and was angered by the approach to it compared to the first. Seemed like the typical shit we get these days but everyone keeps saying it was good may need to rewatch.

8 hours ago, Speedo's Edge said:

Caught it half way through and was angered by the approach to it compared to the first. Seemed like the typical shit we get these days but everyone keeps saying it was good may need to rewatch.

I mean I went in with zero expectations. I honestly thought it looked awful going into it. I think my reaction would be different if everyone had told me how great it was. 

Saw infinity war last night . 8/10 for me.

Spoilers below

Thanos was done well. Actually felt sorry for him when he had to kill Gamora. Was definitely too cluttered as a movie but with so many characters it was hard not to be. Definitely felt like a part 1 aswell.

Character interactions were great. All the deaths at the end was ballsy for a marvel movie even though it will likely be undone. Spidey hit me the hardest. Thanos winning was expected and done pretty wel.

3 billboards - It was ok but completely pointless. 6/10

Warning this drug may kill you - hbo doc on the dangers of opioid drugs. Fuck me I knew prescription drugs were a problem in the states but I had no idea these painkillers can lead people into fucking heroin. 80% of new heroine addiction starts from Opioid drugs. Absolutely insane. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Invitation.

It's a slow-burn horror/thriller. Kind of a similar foundation to Get Out, where a man is invited to a house with a group of people and some people are acting strange and something is going on. The build up and execution wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad either. 

6/10 

Can anyone recommend good horror/thriller movies? I think I've seen most of them, but I'm always up for new ones. 

Black panther. 6/10

kind of boring. Really slow. My gf fell asleep

it annoys me that they are supposed to have this african accent, but they speak in english in wakanda. Either have it in proper non fake accent english or have them speak the african language.