What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

34 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Black panther. 6/10

kind of boring. Really slow. My gf fell asleep

it annoys me that they are supposed to have this african accent, but they speak in english in wakanda. Either have it in proper non fake accent english or have them speak the african language. 

How weird that the movie that has people with super powers isnt realistic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watched The Death of Stalin the other night and thought it was great. Very funny with some brilliant actors.

I didn't expect them to be speaking in British and American accents though but that made it even more interesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

yeah I have to shut my brain off when it comes to "why are they not speaking their native language?" comes into play.

I dont mind if they speak english in a foreign country. Its the fake accent. 

Like if two people from the netherlands would chat in english with a dutch accent. Seems stupid. 

I know what you mean, but then again I just watched The Death of Stalin and they have all have English/American accents and they're running Russia. I noticed it like the first five minutes and then forgot. Just roll with it I say.

On 11/05/2018 at 7:46 PM, Kvothe said:

The Invitation.

It's a slow-burn horror/thriller. Kind of a similar foundation to Get Out, where a man is invited to a house with a group of people and some people are acting strange and something is going on. The build up and execution wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad either. 

6/10 

Can anyone recommend good horror/thriller movies? I think I've seen most of them, but I'm always up for new ones. 

Seen Coherence?

‘Tusk’ is batshit mental. 

19 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

I've had a DVD copy of that movie for 15? years and still haven't watched it.

I love it, one of Ridley Scott's best.  But I love sword and sandal movies so I'm pretty biased. 

Hell, I even enjoyed that terrible "Exodus" movie with Christian Bale. 

36 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I love it, one of Ridley Scott's best.  But I love sword and sandal movies so I'm pretty biased. 

Hell, I even enjoyed that terrible "Exodus" movie with Christian Bale. 

I hear good things about it, I just don't get into those movies. I did watch the 3 hour version of Kingdom of Heaven and thought it was pretty good.

1 hour ago, MSandt said:

Dune. Lynch keeps alternating between crap and good, and this one was definitely crap. I had fun spotting familiar actors though and this track is epic:

Yeah, this movie was definitely not a good representation of the book. While there are a lot of issues, the biggest to me was how the Harkonnens were portrayed...I can't believe Sting was cast as one. 
Looking forward to the reboot soon though.