What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

Yeah, Deadpool 2 was pretty good - pretty much what I expected going into it. I'd give it an 8/10.

It was cool seeing all these spots in Vancouver throughout the movie. I was studying for my bar exam in the Vancouver library and was watching them shoot that big truck action scene downtown. 

• Like 1

Paris Is Burning (1990) (A-)

I've heard about this documentary for forever and I finally watched it. It's a chronicle of the ball culture in the 80s New York ethan community and it's pretty entertaining (short too) for the most part and information. It's amazing how mainstream this all is now, with Shade being so common now in our lexicon and Rupaul's Drag Show essentially being this in TV form. It's on Netflix so watch it!

On 28.5.2018 at 8:41 PM, Kvothe said:

Yeah, this movie was definitely not a good representation of the book. While there are a lot of issues, the biggest to me was how the Harkonnens were portrayed...I can't believe Sting was cast as one. 
Looking forward to the reboot soon though. 

Never read the book. Was the story really that different, or was it just the nuance or something, or the way Lynch directed the movie?

33 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Never read the book. Was the story really that different, or was it just the nuance or something, or the way Lynch directed the movie?

More just the tone and how they portrayed certain characters. There's a lot of lore relating to the history of the families, the religions, the bene gesserit, etc. that was not covered much. I honestly only watched 2/3 of the movie and then gave up, it was too weird and different to enjoy properly. From what I've heard, people that read the book think the movie is trash, but people that haven't are able to enjoy it a bit more. 

• Like 1

Meet Joe Black. Always was a bit curious about this movie. Well, it sucks. It's an interesting concept (Death disguised as man to learn about the human experience or whatever), but the movie is a bore (it's three hours long) and Brad Pitt is mostly just awkward in playing Death. He's a good actor, but here he's got no idea how he's supposed to play the role. Anthony Hopkins was good, but that's to be expected.

3 hours ago, Reginald said:

Any good movies/docs on netflix i should check out? Figured it be easier asking here than surfing forever

Dirty money is a good documentary series. 6 episodes i think of major companies being crooks

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

Long shot 

On the list!

31 minutes ago, knapton said:

Dirty money is a good documentary series. 6 episodes i think of major companies being crooks

Yeah i saw that. Really good. Im currently watching Evil Genius. 

No Country for Old Men - I pretty drunk and tired for most of it so I think I missed a lot of the intricacies and messages of the film. It was a good storyline and well acted, I think I need to watch it again when I'm sober. 

Tomb Raider - I liked it for what it was. The new actress that plays her nails the character a lot better than Angela Jolie did IMO. A bunch of the storyline and action sequences were taken from the 2013 video game which I recognized having just played it. Faithful to the series, but not the most thought provoking movie - but good for what it promises. 7.5/10 

A Quiet Place - really enjoyed it, but not the movie you can point out plot holes and flaws in the characters' thinking and decision making. So many "why didn't they do this / why did they do that" moments. But the tension of the film is incredible, the acting was great, and the dialogue overall was strong. The 'villains' (to avoid spoilers) were also really crazy. One of the better thriller movies I've seen recently. 8/10