What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

Just now, Ry-Bread said:

Watched that over the weekend as well. Was ok I guess, but yeah the tone and everything just wasn't what I expected.

Was it a bunch of silly jokes? The trailer was originally all dark and sullen. You're not the first person I've heard say the tone was off ... I'm assuming they advertised it as dark and edited it to be more like the Marvel movies.

It wasn't a ton of jokes, but I guess I just expected it to be a lot darker and serious. Was a lot of weird "Venom talking to Tom Hardy" interactions, and I expected more out of the CGI. I like Tom Hardy but just wasn't convinced he's the right guy for this. I'd give it 7.5/10, worth a watch, wife liked it. But it's not even in the same league as the other Marvel movies as far as quality goes IMO.

They also set up:

Spoiler

Woody Harrelson as Maximum Carnage at the end of the credits, which struck me as odd since he's pretty old. 

34 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

81498_original.gif

I love how much I hate this movie - the dancing, the weird "I'm gonna walk down the street and stop to scrunch my fringe up - yeah, I'm cool!" stuff, the Osborne bipolar "I hate Spiderman" "I love Spiderman!" the too many villains scenario... all of it is a rich tapestry of stupid. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I love how much I hate this movie - the dancing, the weird "I'm gonna walk down the street and stop to scrunch my fringe up - yeah, I'm cool!" stuff, the Osborne bipolar "I hate Spiderman" "I love Spiderman!" the too many villains scenario... all of it is a rich tapestry of stupid. 

No joke, I watched it three times in the theatres (my friends let me in for free) and came around hard to liking it. and yes, it's basically a big fuck you to Sony who was trying to make this film darker and throw in more villains Raimi didn't want to use (aka Venom). The casting of Topher Grace, in my mind, has to be a giant troll since Topher and Tobey probably got so many comparisons in the early 2000s. Why else do you cast him as Eddie Brock?

also Franco going full Franco is great.

• Haha 1