What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

4 minutes ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

Hahahahaha, what?!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yeah man. According to my girlfriend, her mom grew up saying her great-great extended family or something in the south owned slaves but gave them a better life than they would've had otherwise at the time, treating them nicely etc. White justification at its finest. I wanted to give my girlfriend perspective so I took her to the movie. Now if only I could get my girlfriend's mom to watch it...

Not that my lady agreed with slavery. I just didn't want her to continue thinking there were "good" slave owners.

• Like 1

Logan - May be the best film in 2017. comic book movie,thriller,action,drama.....so wel done. And very emotional cause i'm a huge x-men fan and i've seen all movies multiple times. Huge Jackman was born for wolverine the way Ryan Reynolds was for deadpool.

Passengers - Chris Prat and Jennifer Lawrenge have a nice chemistry and its sci-fi...so eye candy. Liked the plot and the dialogue very much. But i love these 2 actors in almost anything.

Damn, I really need to see Logan! Pretty much everyone I've talked to who has seen it has loved it. Though I still enjoy superhero movies for the most part, they totally are getting stale, and Logan looks like such a breath of fresh air for the genre. I don't know why I haven't gone to see it yet.

The cheap movie theater in town here is still playing Rogue One. I haven't seen it since opening week (but I saw it three times that week, haha) and I'm thinking it would be fun to see it in a movie theater one last time. Seeing the words "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." pop up on the screen in a movie theater just makes me so happy every time.

Watched The Impostor (2012).

Basically it's a documentary about a boy from Texas who went missing in the 90s who is "found" in Spain years later. The strange thing is that this guy is French, 3-4 years older than the missing boy, has no American accent, doesn't have blue eyes or blonde hair, etc.. Yet he somehow got this family the fall for his trick, which raises more questions about the whole ordeal. It's on Netflix, I'd give a B+

• Like 1

I saw Logan, hadn't seen the other Wolverine movies so it was kind of confusing, but it was pretty good. I thought it was an origin tale, I was mistaken. Surprise ending!

Also saw Get Out. I thought it was really good, though I'm not 100% sure why it got a 100 on Rotten Tomatoes. Maybe there was more to it that I missed, but it was kind of a goofy movie at times. Everyone's acting was great, and I love that Marny from Girls was also insufferable in this movie.

10 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Basically it's a documentary about a boy from Texas who went missing in the 90s who is "found" in Spain years later. The strange thing is that this guy is French, 3-4 years older than the missing boy, has no American accent, doesn't have blue eyes or blonde hair, etc.. Yet he somehow got this family the fall for his trick, which raises more questions about the whole ordeal. It's on Netflix, I'd give a B+

I walked away from that movie totally thinking that the family killed the little boy. For them to accept someone into their family that looked nothing like their kid just proved it to me. He so clearly was not their son, he bleached his hair, had brown eyes and he wasn't even American. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Saw that few years ago. Very weird story

Jim Jarmusch's "Down By Law" with Roberto Benigni, John Lurie, and the one and only Tom Waits. B+. It's a simple story but it's funny, great black & white cinematography. 
Need to catch up on Jarmusch, I've only seen this and Night On Earth. 

Watched Metallica - Some kind of monster.  im not a huge metallica fan but it was super interesting to see how much drama was in that band at that time.  Kind of reminded me of blink in a way minus the rehad.  Very interesting,

Sausage Party - ... I don't know. I can't rate it. it was funny. it was disgusting. it was awful. it was traumatic. I can't tell if that makes it a good experience or a bad one.