Scott.

What's The Last Movie You Watched?

3615 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

anybody what that show about them taking a youtube star and giving him money to make a movie and it's terrible. I think it was called The Chair? Was it like that?

thats basically every youtuber movie, they all suck. 

51 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

wut?

Fire walk with me

6 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Fire walk with me

Oh, right, no. I prolly will Sunday b4 new Twin Peaks.

Also:

James only slated for ONE EPISODE! I wonder if he finally just bikes away and crashes in ep 1.

I have to go now, my planet needs me.

On 2017-05-18 at 11:39 AM, MSandt said:

Anyway, saw Alien Covenant today. So happy that the alien is back to its brutal self after two AvP abortions. The last 30 minutes or so were thrilling. Didn't really like the mythology-related revelations though; they took away a lot of the mystery surrounding the creatures.

Do you need to see any of the previous Aliens to enjoy this movie?

16 minutes ago, knapton said:

It's a sequel to Prometheus, but the key events of that film are quickly summarised in Covenant anyway. As for the rest of the Alien films, all of them take place after Covenant, so they're not necessary.

The only Alien movie that I've seen that I've truly loved is the first, Alien.  Aliens is OK, but its so different, Alien is like a legit horror movie, while the rest are action movies, its a weird stark difference.  I haven't yet seen the new one, but after Prometheus, I'm really in no rush for more of them.

On 5/20/2017 at 10:08 PM, knapton said:

I'd definitely watch Prometheus before Covenant. Covenant IMO is way better though. Still Prometheus is solid, and suits the style of the Alien movies. Not ridiculously stupid like AVP or Alien 3-4 (hated those).

On 5/21/2017 at 1:58 AM, M!ke said:

The only Alien movie that I've seen that I've truly loved is the first, Alien.  Aliens is OK, but its so different, Alien is like a legit horror movie, while the rest are action movies, its a weird stark difference.  I haven't yet seen the new one, but after Prometheus, I'm really in no rush for more of them.

Covenant is closer to the original Alien than any of them, so get watching! It's sci-fi horror, has some action parts but it's not like an action movie the way Aliens was.

But I have the opposite view. I prefer Aliens to Alien haha. I got bored a little bit watching the first one, takes a while to get into it. Felt the same way about Covenant too. Slow, suspense movies, then eventually all hell breaks loose. Nothing wrong with that though, I can appreciate them. Aliens is more similar to the original Predator movie in a way. Except shit loads of aliens rather than just one.

Midnight Meat Train: 5/10.  Uhh wtf, idk why this horror suspense flick actually got good critic reviews. Like really good. It was cheesy over the top blood bath. I'll say it was kind of fun, you know to watch with some friends but it wasn't the least bit interesting. Dude slaughters ppl on a train.. Bradley Cooper gets caught in the middle of it all.  Decent slasher flick though, just thought there'd be more depth with the reviews.

Wedding Crashers: 10/10.  Could watch this movie 100 times. Still holds up, absolutely hilarious.

Hot Fuzz: 7.5/10. It's good for what it is. I actually really enjoyed this one. Funny, upbeat, kind of stupid ending but that's to be expected. Like the lead actor in this one. Bad guy was a bit cheesy but I'm sure that was intentional.

Barton Fink: 7/10. First time actually watching this, and I'm a Coens fan. It was just pretty good, I got it, all the metaphors and symbolism, it was partly about the writers themselves.  Good, just not my favorite

Get Me Roger Stone: 8/10. Great fun documentary I thought. Look into corrupt politics

10 minutes ago, It'sTimeToComeHomeMark said:

Midnight Meat Train: 5/10.  Uhh wtf, idk why this horror suspense flick actually got good critic reviews. Like really good. It was cheesy over the top blood bath. I'll say it was kind of fun, you know to watch with some friends but it wasn't the least bit interesting. Dude slaughters ppl on a train.. Bradley Cooper gets caught in the middle of it all.  Decent slasher flick though, just thought there'd be more depth with the reviews.

Wedding Crashers: 10/10.  Could watch this movie 100 times. Still holds up, absolutely hilarious.

Hot Fuzz: 7.5/10. It's good for what it is. I actually really enjoyed this one. Funny, upbeat, kind of stupid ending but that's to be expected. Like the lead actor in this one. Bad guy was a bit cheesy but I'm sure that was intentional.

Barton Fink: 7/10. First time actually watching this, and I'm a Coens fan. It was just pretty good, I got it, all the metaphors and symbolism, it was partly about the writers themselves.  Good, just not my favorite

I always liked Hot Fuzz. I'd give it a 7.5 or 8 like you. Shaun of the Dead & Hot Fuzz are way better than the Worlds End or whatever it was called though. Something about that movie seemed off to me. Same producers, same people, same everything pretty much. Yet it didn't feel like that when I first saw it.

1 person likes this

I love all three, the blood and ice cream trilogy is probably one of my favourite collection of film work from the UK. Hot Fuzz is the best though, hands down. to me giving it a 7.5/10 is almost an insult haha

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I love all three, the blood and ice cream trilogy is probably one of my favourite collection of film work from the UK. Hot Fuzz is the best though, hands down. to me giving it a 7.5/10 is almost an insult haha

To be honest, Hot Fuzz is well written for a movie that's meant to be a spoof of action movies haha. Great acting & character development.

1 person likes this