What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

On 7/7/2017 at 1:12 PM, _Kyle_ said:

Pacific Rim (2013)

B

A big dumb action movie about Robots fighting monsters. Lots of fun, but mostly spectacle. GDT made this worth watching.

Man it took you a long time to watch this cinema classic!  I fucking love this movie, can't wait for the next one, and so happy they kicked out the SOA doucher. 

On 7/8/2017 at 6:51 PM, theedge00 said:

Wonder Woman - Is it just me or was this movie just really average? This gets 92% on RT and a 76 on Metacritic? Everything was so predictable with many cheesy lines/moments (and what's up with the slow mo abuse). 

Gal Gadot is super beautiful, but she had just two facial expressions the entire film.

Reveal hidden contents

And Sir Patrick was the bad guy? What a twist!!! Thought that was kinda lame.

Whaddup Doutzen Kroes!! lol

b391fac142aafead_ww3.jpg

I liked that the movie wasn't super serious and had some funny moments.

6/10

Loved the set pieces and overall tone, ending villain was so goddamn cringe though.  Has a comic book movie ever gotten the main villain right? 

10 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Man it took you a long time to watch this cinema classic!  I fucking love this movie, can't wait for the next one, and so happy they kicked out the SOA doucher. 

After it left theaters friends said it wouldn't hold up on home video. I somewhat disagree, but certainly seeing it on the big screen seems to be the optimum way to watch this. Visually this movie is amazing. I try to see every GDT joint I can. I can't imagine the sequel(s) doing better than him, but we'll see. Any reason why Charlie is leaving? I think he did okay given what his character was.

I actually had no clue that was the dude from Undeclared. I never watched SOA, so I haven't seen him in anything in like 15 years. This film was weird in that I could barely tell the difference between him and the guy constantly giving him shit. They both look like bland, white guy protagonists. I did like him a lot better in King Arthur, which is a fun movie IMO. Rinko was a lot more interesting.

I was surprised by how much I liked Spiderman Homecoming. I am a giant spiderman fan but really expected it to suck but I was surprised, it was pretty solid, easily one of the best marvel films. I'd put it under Guardians but above basically all the other avengers related ones. 8/10

I really didn't rate Wonder Woman, though. If thats the best DC has to offer than I'm glad I didn't bother with Bat vs Sup and Suicide Squad, because *yikes*. 

7 hours ago, Kay said:

I really didn't rate Wonder Woman, though. If thats the best DC has to offer than I'm glad I didn't bother with Bat vs Sup and Suicide Squad, because *yikes*. 

It's like a million times better than either of those movies. And I didn't love it either.

I'm glad people are liking Spider-man. I haven't seen it yet but Spider-man is my favorite superhero and I've not liked the past three Spider-man movies, so I'm excited for this new one.

I still think Spider-man 2 is the best superhero movie ever and one of my favorite movies of all time.

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It's like a million times better than either of those movies. And I didn't love it either.

I'm glad people are liking Spider-man. I haven't seen it yet but Spider-man is my favorite superhero and I've not liked the past three Spider-man movies, so I'm excited for this new one.

I still think Spider-man 2 is the best superhero movie ever and one of my favorite movies of all time.

for me it's the first spider-man. wasnt it like the first all in superhero movie? i thought it was so amazing when i first saw it. love the beginning when he's becoming spider-man and trying out all of his powers. plus, web came from his wrists!

Okja. Movie about a girl from South Korea who grows up with a giant GMO-produced pig that her grandfather was hired to raise by a GMO company. 10 years later they come back for it because it was the most successful GMO pig and she goes on a mission to get it back. Sounds weird I know, but it was a good movie. 8/10.

Saw Spider-man tonight. I enjoyed it! First time since Spider-man 2 that I've liked a Spider-man movie, so that's good!

My favorite thing about it was just that it felt so different from the rest of the MCU, while still obviously being a part of the MCU. I needed something different to mix things up. Spidey delivered.

I saw Spiderman as well, I also really liked it.  It felt like what a Spiderman movie should really be.  Peter is still just an awkward kid in high school who doesn't quite yet have the whole superhero thing down, but he's getting there.  So much about it just felt like what these movies should have been like.  Beyond that, I was surprised at what a genuine comedy the movie was, I knew there would be quips and stuff, but I mean I was genuinely cracking up at some of the stuff in the movie.  

On 7/12/2017 at 8:47 PM, Nasa said:

Okja. Movie about a girl from South Korea who grows up with a giant GMO-produced pig that her grandfather was hired to raise by a GMO company. 10 years later they come back for it because it was the most successful GMO pig and she goes on a mission to get it back. Sounds weird I know, but it was a good movie. 8/10.

Can't watch this because I know it will send me into uncontrollable sobbing.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Can't watch this because I know it will send me into uncontrollable sobbing.  

It's hard not to get emotional! Watching kids bond with animals just tugs at your heartstrings lol