What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

5 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Personally, I think any movie that uncritically includes the views of Paul "I'd vote not guilty if I were a juror for any rape trial, even the evidence was overwhelming" Elam should be taken with a giant spoonful of salt.

Did he actually say that lol? Was there any reasoning or explanation behind it? 

That is pretty egregious. He articulated himself pretty well in the documentary, but obviously only the best snippets were used. 

39 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Did he actually say that lol? Was there any reasoning or explanation behind it? 

That is pretty egregious. He articulated himself pretty well in the documentary, but obviously only the best snippets were used. 

He wrote it. There's a big disclaimer backpedaling now, but it's still there. https://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/false-rape-culture/jury-duty-at-a-rape-trial-acquit/

• Like 1

Halloween 2018 wasn't as good as I wanted it to be but I liked it. Jamie Lee Curtis dealing with PTSD was eye rolling after awhile, the ending was not satisfactory but Michael's mask is the best he has ever had and motion lights now are 100% scarier to me. I would've liked to have seen more of Michael with the hammer though. 

Then I finally saw Sleepaway Camp and now I get the Senses Fail song! It was great. How did I miss out on this gem? A pretty solid slasher throughout, messed up amazing ending too.

• Like 1

Sanctum 

6/10

I dunno how to rate this movie. It's exactly the kind of movie I don't like to watch. It'll give me nightmares. I love diving, never been too keen on cave diving though,  I don't think I ever will again. Not for a looooong while at least.

25 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I finally saw Blackkklansman last night, soooo good! 9/10
And that ending left everyone who laughed during the film walking out of the cinema SILENT. Most people just sat in it until the credits were over.

I loved that film, real emotional rollercoaster.

My gf was absolutely bawling her eyes out at the end. 

• Like 1

went to the VA film festival this weekend, saw some shit.

Menace II Society (1993)

B+

Charlottesville (2018)

B

Roma (2018)

A-

The Other Side of the Wind (2018)

C+

If Beale Street Could Talk (2018

B+

The Front Runner (2018)

B-

2 minutes ago, Cantankersaurus said:

Is that Samwell Tarly?!

Yes it is, he plays the bands manager. 

"A young rock band, half of its members from England and half from the U.S., drops out of college and moves to the Sunset Strip to chase their dreams."

It's a weird film and feels like a bit of a cult classic, some of the acting is a bit wooden as they got actual musicians (singer from Black Veil Brides and guitarist from Asking Alexandria) to play main roles, I really enjoyed it for what it was though. 

• Like 1

Late on this, but the new Halloween was surprisingly really well done. Enjoyed it, definitely my favorite since the original.

Also took my daughter to see the new Grinch the other day. Beautiful looking, but movie was shit and the Grinch was a pussy. Jim Carrey version is much better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

Late on this, but the new Halloween was surprisingly really well done. Enjoyed it, definitely my favorite since the original.

Also took my daughter to see the new Grinch the other day. Beautiful looking, but movie was shit and the Grinch was a pussy. Jim Carrey version is much better.

Damn, I'm a huge Grinch fan and was looking forward to seeing it. Probably still will but my expectations are low. 

Just rewatched Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and am 2/3 through the Two Towers. Fuck these movies are great. It's very rare to see a movie use CGI tastefully, which is crazy considering they are close to 20 years old now. 

• Love 1