Scott.

What's The Last Movie You Watched?

A star is born

came in expecting hype. It was amazing. Loved it. And gaga was phenomenal. A long time since i was in awe of an actors perfomance. Plus im a sucker for these kinds of music movies. 

A Star Is Born (2018)

About 30 minutes too long, a bit corny, drawn out, repetitive, and rather sloppy in parts. Politically, the film is a mess in where fame is validation, tokenism/cliché is high, and logic is nowhere to be seen. If you've ever seen The Rose, you've essentially seen this movie. Problems nothing in this movie is a complete failure. But like the music, well it's okay in the most okayest sense. You've heard all of these songs before. You've seen this movie before.

B-

On 10/11/2018 at 1:33 PM, _Kyle_ said:

Scream (1996)

Fun for what it is but I never got the deep love the series has.

B-

It's one of those things where it's loved for the impact it had more than the quality of it itself. the whole teen slasher movie genre had a bit of a revival because of Scream so people remember it more fondly than it deserves. 

It's a rather silly film. 

yeah yeah, oh I know, I has around 3-4 friends who were quoting it line by line. They loved/worship it.

Rose McGowan is absolutely ravishing in this though. So why did Matthew Lillard kill the hottest girl ever, that was actually sleeping with him? Makes no sense.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 11:21 AM, _Kyle_ said:

Venom (2018)

What a dumb if entertaining movie.

C

I loved Venom lmao.  Definitely a "so bad it's good" movie.  Some of the shit was stolen straight from 2005, terrible CGI and so many plot holes and randomness.  I'll definitely be watching the sequel. 

21 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I loved Venom lmao.  Definitely a "so bad it's good" movie.  Some of the shit was stolen straight from 2005, terrible CGI and so many plot holes and randomness.  I'll definitely be watching the sequel. 

Yup. Michelle Williams and that wig. oh man.....

I think Tom Hardy earned every cent he made from this film too. Dude is fun to watch be Brock.

• Like 1

Watched this really odd Aussie dark comedy film on Netflix called something like 'A Funny Kind Of Love' or something. basically a bunch of different stories about different couples relating to fetishes - it was hysterical in places, and it had moments where I was like 'oh good lord this looks like it's going somewhere awful...' and be about to turn it off, for it to not be as horrific as I thought.

really strange, overall. really weird. I kind of loved it. 

I paid for my little sister to go see A Star Is Born with the wife so I didn't have to LOL, they both enjoyed it though.

I've been binging the Halloween movies in preparation for the new one this weekend, so hype!

First Man - 7.5/10 

It was good and well done, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed considering it was getting early nods as a nomination for Best Picture.

The space scenes and tension throughout the movie was top notch and arguably the best in film to date in terms of realism and immersion. So that definitely counts for something. But I felt like the movie didn't flesh out the relationships amongst the characters enough, the ending was very abrupt, and there were a few too many scenes with prolonged silence (this is more a personal preference, but the more they relied on this the less effect it had). Nothing against the cast/acting or cinematography though, just the way the story was structured.