What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

I'm making an effort to go through all the classic Christmas movies. So far this weekend I watched:

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (1964, TV Movie) - 9/10. The movie holds up as the stop motion is done very well, and is surprisingly entertaining. I hadn't seen the movie in at least 10 years, and I'm glad I watched it. It is funny how many pro-capitalism messages are weaved into the movie, though. The Snowman sings a song about how you need to decorate your Christmas tree with silver and gold decorations (consumerism).  Rudolph is only accepted by Santa and the reindeer when they find out his red nose can guide them through the storm/fog (he's only accepted when they find out he has a useful role to play). I know the movie was made around the time of the Cold War, so that probably explains a lot of it. 

Jingle All the Way - I'm about 30 mins in but man this movie is stupid fun. It's awesome to see Phil Hartman in a live action role trying to bang Arnie's wife. It also has Sinbad and the kid that played Anakin Skywalker. I hadn't seen the movie since it originally came out. 

4 minutes ago, Nasa said:

that's super cool.

i want to go back to scotland. i would retire there, ffs.

I didn't care much for Edinburgh but I loved Glasgow and the surrounding areas.

I got drunk one night last year and emailed Scottish Immigration lawyers to help us get visas to move there after I convinced my wife it'd be great. They never returned my email!

• Like 1

Total Recall (1990)

B+

Haven't seen it in decades and really enjoyed it. Holds up. I just assume it was all a dream. I guess it could be some convoluted reality but, dreams don't tend to offer scenes where you're not in them.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, Elisa said:

Hesher. Probably the most disturbingly heartwarming tale of unlikely friendship you'll see. And very underrated performance by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. B+

I watched that movie 8 years ago and still think about it.

• Like 1

New Mary Poppins is delightful :)

Will definitely watch again. Recaptures magic of the original, with a better story line. Missed Bert from the OG, but Dick Van Dyke still steals the show in his other role..92 year old tap dancing, love it. And Emily Blunt is great as Pops

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

Seems to be getting mixed reviews, heard from a few that it’s absolutely shit. 

Ive watched both home alones and jingle all the way. All 3 excellent. 8/10 

Not really surprised at mixed reactions. It's an old fashioned movie. Probably not going to hold the attention of the ADD generation or people who've never seen nor care about the original. Got a big applause at the showing I was at