Jump to content
Scott.

What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Recommended Posts

Rewatched The Lord of the Rings trilogy in 1.5 days. Forgot how awesome it was! The casting is spot on and the scenery is amazing. Score great as well 🙂.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, theedge00 said:

Rewatched The Lord of the Rings trilogy in 1.5 days. Forgot how awesome it was! The casting is spot on and the scenery is amazing. Score great as well 🙂.

So good. Did you watch the extended cuts? What surprised me most was how well they used CGI (for Gollum, the dragons and animals, etc.) given how CGI was in its infant stages back in 2001. They never overdo it, and its usually used sparingly and appropriately. Comparing the CGI in LOTR to the Hobbit is just insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

So good. Did you watch the extended cuts? What surprised me most was how well they used CGI (for Gollum, the dragons and animals, etc.) given how CGI was in its infant stages back in 2001. They never overdo it, and its usually used sparingly and appropriately. Comparing the CGI in LOTR to the Hobbit is just insane. 

Ah, just watched the ones on Netflix. Think they're the theatrical versions. Yeah the films aged really well!

Haven't seen the Hobbit yet. When I saw the trailer it just looked so disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 12:04 PM, Jane said:

Aquaman

It was less awful than I expected, my expectations were pretty low to begin with though. Being a diver, I just enjoyed the nice-looking underwater scenery.

Aquaman was AMAZING in the best possible way.  What other movie can you watch soldiers ride Great Whites into battle against soldiers riding Mosasaurs?!

10/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2019 at 5:03 PM, theedge00 said:

Rewatched The Lord of the Rings trilogy in 1.5 days. Forgot how awesome it was! The casting is spot on and the scenery is amazing. Score great as well 🙂.

Up there as GOAT movie.  Fellowship was my favorite of the 3 but all incredible minus the Legolas elephant surf moment

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched that Bird Box Netflix movie, interesting fresh concept considering most "end of the world/apocalypse/zombie/crazy virus" ideas have been done a million times. 7.5/10, worth a watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Watched that Bird Box Netflix movie, interesting fresh concept considering most "end of the world/apocalypse/zombie/crazy virus" ideas have been done a million times. 7.5/10, worth a watch.

It felt like a shittier version of A Quiet Place to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Birdbox. Thought it was excellent and Sandra Bullock was fantastic. The two kids melted me.

Lol at the thick people who hate the ending because they need everything explained to them

 8/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 6:06 PM, NJansaid said:

Up there as GOAT movie.  Fellowship was my favorite of the 3 but all incredible minus the Legolas elephant surf moment

Fellowship is the best but I see why Two Towers gets all the love with Helm's Deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 11:00 PM, Scott. said:

Birdbox. Thought it was excellent and Sandra Bullock was fantastic. The two kids melted me.

  Hide contents

Lol at the thick people who hate the ending because they need everything explained to them

 8/10

What didnt people get about the ending though?

 

First Man - Waaaay too long. First 5 minutes is amazing though. Good performance by Ryan Goslin.

6.5/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, theedge00 said:

What didnt people get about the ending though?

 

First Man - Waaaay too long. First 5 minutes is amazing though. Good performance by Ryan Goslin.

6.5/10

No I think a lot of people are pissed off with the ending

not getting any explanation to what spirits were or where they came from etc

 

watched death wish on Netflix. Decent little revenge film with Bruce Willis. Ridiculous in parts but it was ok to pass the time. 6/10

@2point5 @...Dan... @Bucko Have you seen the bobby Robson doc on Netflix? It’s fucking excellent. Made me tear up a couple of times tbh. 8/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

No I think a lot of people are pissed off with the ending

  Reveal hidden contents

not getting any explanation to what spirits were or where they came from etc

 

 

watched death wish on Netflix. Decent little revenge film with Bruce Willis. Ridiculous in parts but it was ok to pass the time. 6/10

@2point5 @...Dan... @Bucko Have you seen the bobby Robson doc on Netflix? It’s fucking excellent. Made me tear up a couple of times tbh. 8/10

Yeah I watched it, man was an absolute colossus of a man. Absolute gent as well, quite funny seeing loads of young Jose - seemed a lot happier back then despite having a lot less.

Finished Sunderland til I die, def got a soft spot for them now and hope they get back up the leagues - good to see they managed to get a 46,000 attendence on Boxing Day, absolutely mental for a League One club. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Scott. nah not seen it. Will check it out for sure though. 

@...Dan... haha yeah I’ve been following Sunderland’s results since finishing the series too. Definitely want to see them do well this season and get promoted. I wonder if they’re currently filming the follow up for this season too. Seems a no brainer as they would have been a good shout to come straight back up and would make for excellent viewing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

@Scott. nah not seen it. Will check it out for sure though. 

@...Dan... haha yeah I’ve been following Sunderland’s results since finishing the series too. Definitely want to see them do well this season and get promoted. I wonder if they’re currently filming the follow up for this season too. Seems a no brainer as they would have been a good shout to come straight back up and would make for excellent viewing. 

I was listening to Talksport a couple days ago and Jim White (absolute melt) recorded an interview in the away end with the owner and he said after that the cameras were there filming so I'm almost certain there is going to be a follow up.

Also, Jack Rodwell - what a wanker. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Unlikely Hero (it seems to have been called Paperman in America) Ryan Reynolds as an imaginary superhero in Jeff Daniels mind. Strange film. 

Wtf/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scott. said:

No I think a lot of people are pissed off with the ending

  Reveal hidden contents

not getting any explanation to what spirits were or where they came from etc

 

 

watched death wish on Netflix. Decent little revenge film with Bruce Willis. Ridiculous in parts but it was ok to pass the time. 6/10

@2point5 @...Dan... @Bucko Have you seen the bobby Robson doc on Netflix? It’s fucking excellent. Made me tear up a couple of times tbh. 8/10

Amazing, he was a such a top bloke. When he collected his sports personality award ruined me . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Sixteen Candles. Jesus.

2/10 or D-

If a film is shit do you turn off or watch till the end? I leave it a good 20 mins and if I’m not feeling it I turn off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watch it until the end so that later I can better explain to people why I thought it was bad. Fortunately this one was only 1hr 30mins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×