What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Yeah, I saw it a few years ago (whenever it came out), so I don't remember it that well. I liked it over all, but it wasn't amazing or anything imo. You?

I saw it start of January. Honestly mostly wanted to watch it because "tits" but Jesus it wasn't worth it. I do not understand why it was 3 hours long. if you cut out the sex scenes and the numerous "well I guess people are just dancing because?" scenes, and the ridiculous amount of "oh, she's on a bus" "oh, she's on a train" "oh I guess she's walking to the bus or the train" shots the entire film would've been finished in 45 minutes. 

Considering the praise and love it got I was just surprised. I expected a lot more. It's beautifully shot, but that's my main positive from it. The story is incredibly thin to me - it's literally "French female figures out she may like females, goes out with a female, is a teacher, cheats on female, isn't with her anymore, still a teacher though - the end" and there was little nuance or depth to any of it. Some very slight commentary on class... but barely. some commentary on homophobia and gender expectations... but barely. 

the selling factor for a lot of people seemed to be the raw-ness of the erotic scenes but it's the most obvious "lesbian sex directed by a straight dude" stuff I've seen in quite some time. felt pretty piss poor overall. I'm wondering if I would have gotten more from it if I was into Art more but that seems like a very limited scope of potential audience. 

21 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

It was definitely overrated. Speaking of movies that lesbians are supposed to love, I didn't care for Carol.

Never heard of it. I love the shit out of But, I'm A Cheerleader though. such a dumb film. Imagine Me and You is a good laugh too. they're usually too stilted / coming out type stories for me though. I like it more when there's a ethan couple in a film where the film isn't remotely interested in the fact that they're ethan, they just are. thats my representation dream right there. occasional ethans in a film that no one gives a shit about being ethan.