Someone stole my guitar. Very upsetting.

High Value Man

http://www.blink-182online.com/forums/index.php/topic,104723.msg1894223.html#msg1894223

I talked about getting the guitar in this thread a couple years ago.

That guitar was my baby and some piece of shit walked off with it. I was playing it at our holiday party a few weeks ago and it just disappeared. For awhile  I thought my co-workers were playing a joke on me. But there is no way they'd take it this far. I called the police and filed a report but they are useless. I have to face facts that its gone. Someone must have known the value of it and walked away with it. It was in a black guitar case, most people wouldn't have taken notice.

I blame myself for being reckless with it, I just never thought that would happen at work. Plus it was only out of my sight for maybe 15 minutes. I wish I knew who did this.

Anyone ever had a guitar stolen? It sucks because it is irreplaceable.

ah, dude, im so sorry. that guitar is beautiful. one of my close friends stole my guitar and it was probably the worst feeling i've ever dealt with. i eventually got it back.

people don't realize how sentimental things like guitars are. they're almost like photographs of all the music you've played and learned how to play. bastards. i hope you get it back somehow, oliver.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.

If this happened at work, don't you have security cameras there or something? Should be easy to spot someone leaving with a big case.

We do, and I asked security about it and they said they'd look into it, but about a week later they told me they didn't see anything. But something tells me they didn't even bother to really look. I could kind of tell that since it wasn't government property, they weren't that interested.

Thanks everyone.

If this happened at work, don't you have security cameras there or something? Should be easy to spot someone leaving with a big case.

We do, and I asked security about it and they said they'd look into it, but about a week later they told me they didn't see anything. But something tells me they didn't even bother to really look. I could kind of tell that since it wasn't government property, they weren't that interested.

thats shitty, lazy ass security wouldnt be hard for them to look at 15 minutes worth of footage