Patrick Stump is a has been.....?

High Value Man

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having read that blog back in Feb, I was immediately hit with something very clear. Stump should have seen this coming, he seems really really intelligent and obviously very down to earth. He should have seen the vacuousness of his fans and prepared, adequately, for the later backlash rather than getting bare <3's and awws and whatever from the internetballs.

when my sister lived in chicago i asked her why twelve kids were waiting outside a hole-in-the-wall bar down the street and apparently patrick stump was playing it that night lol.

i kind of have a slight sense of respect for him admitting that he's a has been and that his previous band just got significantly worse over time. bringing FOB back isn't going to help his situation IMO.

What's the big hate on Pete Wentz? I mean I hate FOB. Always have. Even thought Take this to your grave fucking blew, but I don't get why people hate him in particular? I think Patrick's a weird looking guy with a terrible voice and no musical talent who was carried by Pete Wentz during the FOB days and then failed on his own. By the way I liked him better fat.

The singer or not, Pete Wentz was the front man, and the band, Patrick included has him to thank for that bands success. You could tell there was serious tension in that band when they broke up, and to see now Pete wentz okay w/ FOB not being around and stump saying "Oh I'd be stoked if we did another record. I didn't wanna break up." makes me roll my eyes.

Pete Wentz became the frontman because Patrick let him.  I feel TTYG was their best album and its because they both shared song writing duties and FUCT was good, but once people started calling Pete a genius it went to his head. 

Lets face it, after they got big it became his band and had no one counterbalancing his bullshit.

What's the big hate on Pete Wentz? I mean I hate FOB. Always have. Even thought Take this to your grave fucking blew, but I don't get why people hate him in particular? I think Patrick's a weird looking guy with a terrible voice and no musical talent who was carried by Pete Wentz during the FOB days and then failed on his own. By the way I liked him better fat.

Saying Stump has no musical talent is a bit of a reach. He wrote all the instrumentals and he did lyrics on a few songs as well, so it wasn't all Pete.

And I thought the hiatus was more for Andy Hurley and Joe T because they missed playing metal music and Pat was interested in his solo thing. I could have sworn it was Pete at first who wanted to get back together as soon as possible.

And by your point,  people placing the blame on Pete Wentz and calling him a douchebag and a fag is bull shit cause if he's the dick, Stump is the bitch and the rest of the band has their seat belts on, heads down in the backseat quietly along for the ride and collecting their pay.

Saying Stump has no musical talent is a bit of a reach. He wrote all the instrumentals and he did lyrics on a few songs as well, so it wasn't all Pete.

And I thought the hiatus was more for Andy Hurley and Joe T because they missed playing metal music and Pat was interested in his solo thing. I could have sworn it was Pete at first who wanted to get back together as soon as possible.

He may have talent, but it's wasted cause it's not something that has a potential fan base.

I hated Pete Wentz with a passion because he was such an attention whore and his face (and cock) were all over the place. I never liked the music the band made and I was so sick and tired of hearing about Pete Wentz all the time.

But he finally got smart and faded from the public eye. I can respect him for that.

Bands like FOB and PATD really fell off the face of the earth as quick as they arrived. Even in 2009 at the Blink reunion tour people didn't give a shit about them anymore.

I feel like bands like that are a big part of the reason Pop punk almost died. They almost completely ruined the idea of it all... Growing up this was pop punk to me:

blink%20182.jpg

0.jpg

weezer-group-blue-album.jpg

nfg.jpg

Essentially completely normal looking guys, perfecting the three chord combo, doing things and playing shows without a plan or look or care

and what felt like the blink of an eye turned into

Fall20Out20Boy.jpg

theacademyis.jpg

PanicAtTheDiscosongPics11RjHxGdiGv9uQM.j

orig-2551931.jpg

it turned into a trend, it turned into fashion and it was run by these people that did not look like normal every day guys, and it spawned a wave of preteen girls and middle school boys flocking into the pop punk scene and buying into that trend. But with Pop punk becoming a trend, those "cool" bands died off as fast as they took off, like trends tend to do. And by the end of it, it seemed like Pop punk was dead until the rebirth of talented, normal looking people that didn't go out of there way to look and sound different returned to the scene

set_your_goals1.jpg

man-overboard.jpg

tumblr_m16po1ywJq1qzxlbn.jpg

Without the gay looks, gay sound and over exposed Pop and under exposed punk aspect, the real fans of the genre started resurfacing, the little girls moved on to dubstep and electronica for their gay trend needs because to them it's all about looks, and "cool"  and we now have ourselves a returning genre

And it's my opinion that FOB started the trend.