Bands with a similar sound as AVA

Mau5

Thought it'd be interesting to list some bands or music that you find are similar to AVA's style (or vice versa). We all know the influences of the Cure and U2 that AVA seemingly rips off, but I'm more trying to find bands that rely on delayed guitars, synth rhythms, and interesting interludes and whathaveyou. A recent band that I started to get into was a band call Savoir Adore, which seem to follow a pattern of building their songs off repeated synths and interesting guitar riffs. The music isn't complicated, but they produce a pretty relaxing and often times melodic sound that I often feel resembles the idea AVA tries to seek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIcSTJojfjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0zLsVcRuIg

I didn't really mean bands that are intentional rip offs or are carbon copies of Tom-Delonge wannabes, I more meant bands that have a similar sound and yet are able to replicate it in such a way that they make it into a new, different sound. Or at least, their own sound...if that makes sense?

I wish I could be of greater help, but other than iTunes?

You could try buying EPs/Albums off their merch site: http://www.eyeshine.net/Store_Music.html

jesus christ more like life after RIPOFF amiright guyz. lol but seriously wtf is up with that guy, he even mimics Toms moves

• 2 years later...

jesus christ those bands are terrible.  I'll stick with AVA thank you very much.  bunch of knock offs.  that life after whatever dude is copying toms mannerisms.  sorry but only Tom DeLonge can make Tom DeLonge work.  They all have that same shitty youtube nasal singing style too...

Tom may have a ton of things wrong with him but he knows how to balance music(most of the time).  those drum parts make the songs sound so cheesy and crappy.  

jesus christ those bands are terrible.  I'll stick with AVA thank you very much.  bunch of knock offs.  that life after whatever dude is copying toms mannerisms.  sorry but only Tom DeLonge can make Tom DeLonge work.  They all have that same shitty youtube nasal singing style too...

Tom may have a ton of things wrong with him but he knows how to balance music(most of the time).  those drum parts make the songs sound so cheesy and crappy.  

You can take Delonge's dick out of your mouth now, please.