Video Games Thread

dildo69er

7 hours ago, Capsov said:

For better or worse, they really did just create Banjo-Kazooie in 2017. Everything from the characters voices to the the pause screen and scene transitions, is a carbon copy. I think those looking for anything more than a classic BK are really gonna be bummed. They weren't trying to evolve the series at all, and it really isn't clear if that is a good or bad thing.  Is there 2 million dollars worth of development in it? I'd say no.  

To be honest, people backed a 2017 banjo kazooie. They never once claimed they were going to do anything different so i cant fault them

12 hours ago, dildo69er said:

To be honest, people backed a 2017 banjo kazooie. They never once claimed they were going to do anything different so i cant fault them

I know they never promised anything else, I'am not mad. I've just seen others (including reviewers) use it against them.

See thats why I don't understand the reviews.  It always looked like a 2017 Banjo Kazooie, and people seemed to be legitimately excited for that.  Yet, many of those people that were so hyped on the idea of the game, are now saying that the game was just OK.  It makes me wonder if these people really wanted this kind of game, or is it missing something that those old N64 Rare games had?

• Like 1

New Zelda forces you to cross dress if you want to complete the game. This deeply offends me and goes against my values, so I have smashed my copy of Breath of the Wild with a hammer. Fuck you Nintendo I'm a Sega fan now. Sega DOES what NintenDON'T!

*five minutes later*

Okay after some research Sega sucks I love you Nintendo please take me back I will cross dress if you want me to.

• Like 1

I'm curious what the Tingle Gear will do for you when you level up each item twice and wear the whole outfit.  I've been trying to think of extra effects they could add for gear.  I thought maybe gliding taking up less stamina might be a great idea, especially for tingle gear, given how in Majora's Mask (and I think other games, though I can't recall others off hand) he would float with balloons.

Also the Korok mask that they're adding is a great addition.  I mean realistically there would never be a way I'd find close to all 900 korok seeds without consulting the internet, and when you have to do that, it kind of feels like you're defeating the purpose, a mask that senses when one is near is exactly one of the things I was hoping the game had.

I didn't realize there were BOTW fans here. So...fucking...good. Just completed everything aside from the Korok seeds I'm at maybe 120 hours. I wish there was more lol I couldn't put it down. Anyone here do the TarryTown side quest? Arguably one of the hidden gems of the game. Also Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is pretty sweet 

I've only played Zelda maybe twice in the past three weeks. So busy with other stuff. I haven't played Yooka-Laylee again since I last talked about it. Bummer because I love these games.

I've completed the four Divine Beasts in Zelda but I haven't gone to Hyrule Castle yet. I want to explore more of the game before I do that, upgrade more armor, complete more side quests, and find more shrines. One thing that I've realized is how much of the map is pointless. I spent hours and hours exploring Hyrule (which was super fun. I've never had so much fun exploring in a video game) and I'd always get to places and think "I'll probably have to come back here for something important later." But now that I'm almost done with the game, I realize that no, you never need to visit most of these places. If you're just doing the main quest, a massive chunk of the map is completely pointless. I have mixed feelings on this. I love how big the world is, and how much fun it is to explore. But I wish less areas of the game were "optional." I think more of the map and locations should have been incorporated into the main story.

With that said, Breath of the Wild is one of my favorite games in a very, very long time. One of my favorite games ever, honestly. I'm mostly a retro gamer, and I don't think I've played a single new game in the past decade that I would put in my top 10 favorite games, except for Breath of the Wild. It's not without flaws. There are definitely things I would change. But overall I think it's amazing.

And yeah, the Tarry Town side quest was a pretty fun one. My favorite side quest that I've played through so far. Except for collecting like a billion bundles of wood. Fuck that. Luckily I already had a lot of bundles of wood. If I hadn't, that would have been extremely tedious.

Yeah I was the same, I had the 4 divine beasts beaten but I didn't wan thte main story to be over, so I took my time doing other things first before I finally did it.  What was great was that even after I beat it that first time I found that the replay value really didn't die much at all, I still play the game regularly, I love it. 

The tough part is getting the energy to replay it. I don't think I can sink another 120 hours into it. Might try to find all the Korok seeds so at least I don't have to regain all my armor and stats. It's probably the best game of all time and trust me I didn't want to knock Ocarina of Time from that spot but there's no denying it