Video Games Thread

dildo69er

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:58 AM, M!ke said:

For anyone curious, the SNES classic has been hacked as well, so you can load your other favorite SNES and NES games on there if you want.

How hard is it to do?  Would be awesome to just get a ton of ROMs and load literally all of them onto a classic.

There is a limit to the number you can put on and it obviously voids your warranty. Also Nintendo are restocking shortly from what i understand so the need to import should be excluded for those who can wait a bit.

Also NeoGAF has died with the owner being outed for sexual harassment and assualt the mods all left and the place has essentially burnt down with the servers going offline. 

Midnight can not come soon enough. Super Mario Odyssey looks amazing (just saw that like Breath of the Wild, IGN has also given in a 10/10).  I got the game preloaded, and as soon as midnight comes I'm going to be playing the shit out of that game tonight.

I can say in all sincerity that I don't think I've felt this way playing a 3D platformer since that very first time I played Super Mario 64.  They friggin hit this one out of the park, if all you've ever wanted was a modern day fully fleshed out sequel to Mario 64, this is it.   You might argue Sunshine or the Galaxy games could fit that bill, but once you play this game I think you understand what I'm getting at.

1 hour ago, Clarkerpes said:

That game looks impressive. Since Nintendo has released two masterpieces now, I might buy a Switch. Any idea on whether there will be a price drop in the next year or so?

Not likely, Nintendo can't meet demand as it is, but they're trying.  Prices wont drop until the market stops wanting it so badly.

Don't think anything can top original Mario 64, but this Odyssey does look pretty badass, those 2D levels look done to perfection.

Anyone have input on the X1 X?  I still have the clunky launch version with the power brick I'd like to get rid of, and was gonna just swap for the Slim, which would cost me $170 for the same console (seems pointless)...is the new X1 really worth it for a casual gamer/use mostly for youtube/netflix/sports apps type of guy?

5 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Don't think anything can top original Mario 64, but this Odyssey does look pretty badass, those 2D levels look done to perfection.

Anyone have input on the X1 X?  I still have the clunky launch version with the power brick I'd like to get rid of, and was gonna just swap for the Slim, which would cost me $170 for the same console (seems pointless)...is the new X1 really worth it for a casual gamer/use mostly for youtube/netflix/sports apps type of guy?

I'll say it, it tops 64. At this point it's safe to say this is my favorite 3D Mario title, in fact it may be my favorite Mario title of all time period.  Pretty amazing that 30 years on, Nintendo's two flagship series released what are arguably the best entries in both series to date, and thats with the fact that overall both series stayed fantastic over those 30 years.

On 10/27/2017 at 4:32 PM, M!ke said:

I can say in all sincerity that I don't think I've felt this way playing a 3D platformer since that very first time I played Super Mario 64.  They friggin hit this one out of the park, if all you've ever wanted was a modern day fully fleshed out sequel to Mario 64, this is it.   You might argue Sunshine or the Galaxy games could fit that bill, but once you play this game I think you understand what I'm getting at.

This. Game is incredible right off the bat.

I'm a critic of Mario 64. 3D Mario has never clicked for me. But this is how it is supposed to be. And the way they incorporated 2D game play so seamlessly is amazing and so much fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

This. Game is incredible right off the bat.

I'm a critic of Mario 64. 3D Mario has never clicked for me. But this is how it is supposed to be. And the way they incorporated 2D game play so seamlessly is amazing and so much fun.

Who doesn’t like 64?

• Like 1