Video Games Thread

dildo69er

10 hours ago, knapton said:

I love the fortnite community so much. Theres a pretty big page on reddit for it where the game developers post what theyre going to do with updates and listen to peoples feedback. 

With the rumours of the meteor hitting tilted with this update, the reddit page organized people to meet up at tilted in games and destroy it and it actually went quite successful. I love shit like this. 

Yeah, Epic has done a great job with the community. Haunted Hills was an idea drawn up by a fan (they changed pretty much everything but they kept his name for it lol - it was supposed to be a big castle with a bridge and loot box in the middle). 

I like that they listen to feedback so much though. If a weapon (guided missile launcher) is too powerful, they'll store it in their 'vault' which means they will tinker with it internally until they feel it's ready to be re-introduced to the game. 

I think getting rid of Tilted Towers will be good - it slows down the mid-game and it's such a cluster fuck early game. It was fun while it lasted, but I think the pace of the games will benefit from it being removed or changed. 

7 hours ago, 2point5 said:

Never played Fortnite but I love watching it on Twitch. Haven’t really had time to play many games at all lately. 

Definitely check it out - it's free and really easy to get into. Best advice to get good is to drop out of the airplane right away and seek conflict as quickly as you can - that's the best way to learn how to use different guns and the shooting mechanics and whatnot.

I just picked up Tomb Raider (not the newest one, but the one before that from 2013) for like $7. Haven't gotten a chance to play it yet but I've heard good things. 

So I somewhat knew this guy & his girlfriend back in the day, also featured in this video.  Year younger.

He now has a net worth ~$4 million from people watching him play video games.

Shoot me.  Fucking shoot me.  I have a net worth of -$15,000 left in Student Loan debt.

Can't hate on the guy though.

2 hours ago, Speedo's Edge said:

So I somewhat knew this guy & his girlfriend back in the day, also featured in this video.  Year younger.

He now has a net worth ~$4 million from people watching him play video games.

Shoot me.  Fucking shoot me.  I have a net worth of -$15,000 left in Student Loan debt.

Can't hate on the guy though.

Ya that guy is the biggest streamer on twitch. Hes played with Drake a couple times, the one time he had 600k live viewers which broke the record. They say right now hes making half a million a month. Its all because of fortnite too. Streamers are blowing up because of it. Hes an amazing player though. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I honestly found fortnite really dull. Don't get the hype.

The novelty of the battle royale format is fun - it rewards different styles of play (hiding, seeking enemies out, etc.). 

Destructible environments are fun.

Building shit is fun.

The controls, shooting mechanics, and weapons are fun.

The art style is well done and the game runs very smoothly.

It's free.

They constantly update the game, adding new weapons and items, changing the map, adding interesting new game modes, etc. 

Tons of challenges, unlockables, cosmetics, etc.

Tons of good things to like about the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

The novelty of the battle royale format is fun - it rewards different styles of play (hiding, seeking enemies out, etc.). 

Building shit is fun.

It's free.

They constantly update the game, adding new weapons and items, changing the map, adding interesting new game modes, etc. 

Those are all lovely. Still a dull game though.

17 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

Building shit is fun.

It's free.

I've only tried it a couple times but the emphasis on gameplay and freedom of control/smoothness is really refreshing in today's gaming.

4 hours ago, Speedo's Edge said:

That's crazy, why is he so good though? Just figures out games the fastest?  

Ya hes just really good. Part of this generation that grew up playing video games and started playing competively at like high school age. I think he started out as a pro Halo player. 

My sister got me a used Super Nintendo for Christmas and I just got a Super Game Boy (which is the only SNES "game" I own, not counting the SNES Classic and Virtual Console games) and beat Super Mario Land for the first time. Kind of clunky for a Mario game, but pretty fun!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, knapton said:

Ya hes just really good. Part of this generation that grew up playing video games and started playing competively at like high school age. I think he started out as a pro Halo player. 

Yup I clearly remember them playing Halo on the regular and his girlfriend being known as 'that hot girl who plays Halo and goes on tournaments'.

It's funny, their from a really small town, still live there, and went to a really small college and are just immense all over the world.

On 3/16/2018 at 3:38 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Single player Battlefront 1 SUCKED. But I'm curious to play the campaign on Battlefront 2.

Plus I'm such a massive Star Wars fanboy that I want to play through it simply because the storyline is official canon and I want to know what happens.

I loved Battlefront 1.

The campaign was fairly entertaining on Battlefront 2, but not worth buying the game for. Multiplayer wasn't nearly as fun as in 1.

• Like 1

On 2018-04-23 at 6:38 AM, _Kyle_ said:

I don't get people who watch twitch streams, but it is cool he gets rich from it.

Ive started watching them so much. I dont really watch it for the gameplay though, i watch the funny people.  DrDisRespect is pretty funny. 

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

downloaded and played Fortnite and yeah, it's okay. I like some aspects but it can be annoying that people who buy things have the clear advantage.

Theres no advantage to buying things at all actually.