Video Games Thread

dildo69er

12 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I guess Knights of the Old Republic turned 15 today. I was actually thinking about playing it when I read that, so I went and dug my old Xbox out of storage, only to find that I no longer have the power cord. Oh well, no Xbox for me!

You can get it for iOS for like $5 if it's on sale. 

33 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’ve a seen that! My phone is on its last dying breath though, I’m sure KotOR would kill it haha. I wonder how well it plays on iOS. Seems like it would be awkward.

I played the first few hours on my iPad and it functioned pretty well. Definitely not as good on mobile as consoles, but you still get a similar experience. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in need of a new game, nothing has hooked me lately. I used to be on Halo/Destiny almost every night, and now I go months without even turning on my XB1. I did beat the South Park Fractured Butt Whole game which was fairly entertaining and lasted much longer than I expected. I tried out Fortnite and just don't see how so many people enjoy it, played several games without hardly even seeing anyone. So dumb. 

46 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I'm in need of a new game, nothing has hooked me lately. I used to be on Halo/Destiny almost every night, and now I go months without even turning on my XB1. I did beat the South Park Fractured Butt Whole game which was fairly entertaining and lasted much longer than I expected. I tried out Fortnite and just don't see how so many people enjoy it, played several games without hardly even seeing anyone. So dumb. 

You try Overwatch?

I've played since the beta and still regularly play it, but I enjoy competitive multiplayer games a lot. 

56 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

Yeah they add like a new map/game type/hero on a monthly basis. 

Who are you playing nowadays? I find Hammond tricky to play, but Brigette has been a lot of fun. 

Hammond is pretty different in terms of strategy. He's easy to hit, so keep moving basically.

I mostly do random arcade, cause it keeps people from just using one character and I like the variety. Also people using the keyboard and mouse on the consoles tend to not go there.

That also makes me sharp with everyone, and compatible with a lot of teams in competitive. But I usually go for Moira, Zen, McCree and Junkrat.

4 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Hammond is pretty different in terms of strategy. He's easy to hit, so keep moving basically.

I mostly do random arcade, cause it keeps people from just using one character and I like the variety. Also people using the keyboard and mouse on the consoles tend to not go there.

That also makes me sharp with everyone, and compatible with a lot of teams in competitive. But I usually go for Moira, Zen, McCree and Junkrat.

You can use keyboard and mouse on consoles? Is that just PS4 or Xbox as well? That's pretty annoying lol, I had no clue that option was available.

I usually stick to Pharah, Roadhog, Orisa, Brigette, Lucio, Ana, and Zenyatta. I realized pretty quickly that you need to master a hero in every class given how terrible team compositions sometimes can be in ranked (no healers or tanks). I agree though, randoms in arcade is probably my favourite mode. Also a huge fan of 3-v-3 elimination. 

1 hour ago, Kvothe said:

You can use keyboard and mouse on consoles? Is that just PS4 or Xbox as well? That's pretty annoying lol, I had no clue that option was available.

I usually stick to Pharah, Roadhog, Orisa, Brigette, Lucio, Ana, and Zenyatta. I realized pretty quickly that you need to master a hero in every class given how terrible team compositions sometimes can be in ranked (no healers or tanks). I agree though, randoms in arcade is probably my favourite mode. Also a huge fan of 3-v-3 elimination. 

Yup, it's not good. I think Blizzard is not okay with it, but Sony forces them to not ban it.

If you're ever killed, check out how the person is playing, it can be noticeable at times.