Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Just beat Metroid Prime for the first time in about 15 years. Played the Wii version this time... and the Wii controls are surprisingly good. I usually hate Wii controls for anything. But Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 are both great on the Wii. Would recommend.

Got the shitty ending where Samus keeps her helmet on though. Wtf I thought I did a good job but I suck.

Started playing Spider-Man. Awesome game, really enjoying it. Love the gadgets and suit upgrades. Nice story too. One thing that bugs me is he doesnt swing with both hands at the same time. Like while swinging, letting go with one hand to aim web and shoot whilst holding on. Its making me clash into buildings and using the camera to navigate. 

On 9/10/2018 at 12:42 PM, Ry-Bread said:

I love Spider-Man games, was excited about a new one coming out...looked for it over the weekend only to find out it's PS4 exclusive. =(

Yeah. Xbox isnt putting out anything amazing (to my knowledge) against Spider-Man. I have to say, i was excited for this game but it exceeded my expectations. been hooked for days. A long time since i played for hours and couldnt wait to start again. 

On 9/12/2018 at 3:27 PM, 2point5 said:

A tad late to the party but I’m about to start Mario Galaxy for the first ever time. Hope it’s good. I’m also looking forward to playing Mario Odyssey in 10 years time. 

25 stars in...what an absolute gem of a game this is. How have I never played it before? It’s literally been sitting in my game cabinet since it was released. I’ve heard Mario Galaxy 2 is even better...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I haven’t played Galaxy 2 either but I’ve also heard that it’s better than the first one. I really should try it.

Galaxy 2 is definitely the better game, though it does lack the initial wow-factor that the original Galaxy had at the time because it was so new.  All the same, the levels are overall better and the addition of things like Yoshi are great.  Of course that's all well and good, but Odyssey really did blow Galaxy and Galaxy 2 away.  Now, I'm hoping that they follow suit and release an Odyssey 2, because I need more Odyssey yesterday already.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 3:54 PM, Regi. said:

Yeah. Xbox isnt putting out anything amazing (to my knowledge) against Spider-Man. I have to say, i was excited for this game but it exceeded my expectations. been hooked for days. A long time since i played for hours and couldnt wait to start again. 

I've been considering buying a PS4 and becoming a two current gen console home for a while, but Spiderman has made the choice significantly easier. As soon as I've moved I'm taking the plunge. If there's still any about I may buy the special edition spidey PS4. Looks lovely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

Galaxy 2 is definitely the better game, though it does lack the initial wow-factor that the original Galaxy had at the time because it was so new.  All the same, the levels are overall better and the addition of things like Yoshi are great.  Of course that's all well and good, but Odyssey really did blow Galaxy and Galaxy 2 away.  Now, I'm hoping that they follow suit and release an Odyssey 2, because I need more Odyssey yesterday already.

Yeah I still don't have a Switch but I can't wait to play Odyssey eventually. Don't really have an excuse for not playing Galaxy 2 though, especially since it became a Nintendo Select and was super cheap even brand new.

I'd still love to see a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine!