dildo69er

Video Games Thread

4849 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

Beat the third and final portion of the Trial of the Sword in Breath of the Wild, now my master sword is always at 60 and its freaking awesome.  I've also collected all the new DLC gear and the teleportation disc or whatever.  So now I'm using the Korok mask to help me find more Koroks easier and it actually works really well, I quickly found 10 koroks I would have otherwise missed, it actually adds a whole new element to how I play the game now, its interesting.  I haven't tried hard mode yet, I'm not sure if I'mr eady to start a new game of Breath of the Wild yet.  I think I'll wait until after the second DLC is released and I've beaten that before I decide to start a new harder quest.  I also think that the path of the hero mode on the map is really cool.

Downloaded the add on yesterday. Found all the hidden chests, just need to do the trial. Does it all have to be done in one sitting or are there save points?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started playing a game called Little Nightmares last night. Its pretty alright!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2point5 said:

Downloaded the add on yesterday. Found all the hidden chests, just need to do the trial. Does it all have to be done in one sitting or are there save points?

Its split up into 3 portions.  The begining trials are about 12 or 13 rooms of increasing difficulty.  Once you beat the beginning trials, your Master Sword boosted to always be at 40.  Then you can return for the middle trials, which I think were about 16 rooms, and once you beat the middle trials the Sword is boosted to always be at 50.  And then you can choose the final trials which I wanna say was about 22 rooms.  Once you beat those, then the sword is always at 60.  Each of the trials will have rest rooms, I believe the first set has one rest room, second set has 2, and third has 3.  Those rooms have a fairy or faries to collect if you don't scare them off, 3 treasure chests of decent items, food to collect, and a place to cook food.  

While I failed each set of trials, I think I only failed them each once (though the last set I must have failed twice in retrsopect), I quickly learned a strategy for each set though.  And while the trials were difficult, they weren't nearly as difficult as I thought they would be, thanks to being able to cook full+ health meals in the rest areas and the fairies you can collect.  Furthermore, on the third set of rooms, you can find up to 9 ancient arrows (as far as I know, maybe there were even more I didn't find), which if you use them correctly makes the final run not bad at all, the two lynels I had to face were instantly destroyed thanks to them, which prior to facing them, I was certain going into it would end up being the hardest enemies I was sure I'd have to face.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Its split up into 3 portions.  The begining trials are about 12 or 13 rooms of increasing difficulty.  Once you beat the beginning trials, your Master Sword boosted to always be at 40.  Then you can return for the middle trials, which I think were about 16 rooms, and once you beat the middle trials the Sword is boosted to always be at 50.  And then you can choose the final trials which I wanna say was about 22 rooms.  Once you beat those, then the sword is always at 60.  Each of the trials will have rest rooms, I believe the first set has one rest room, second set has 2, and third has 3.  Those rooms have a fairy or faries to collect if you don't scare them off, 3 treasure chests of decent items, food to collect, and a place to cook food.  

While I failed each set of trials, I think I only failed them each once (though the last set I must have failed twice in retrsopect), I quickly learned a strategy for each set though.  And while the trials were difficult, they weren't nearly as difficult as I thought they would be, thanks to being able to cook full+ health meals in the rest areas and the fairies you can collect.  Furthermore, on the third set of rooms, you can find up to 9 ancient arrows (as far as I know, maybe there were even more I didn't find), which if you use them correctly makes the final run not bad at all, the two lynels I had to face were instantly destroyed thanks to them, which prior to facing them, I was certain going into it would end up being the hardest enemies I was sure I'd have to face.

Cheers for the heads up, will try take it on Wednesday when I get time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Cheers for the heads up, will try take it on Wednesday when I get time. 

It probably took me about 4 to 5 hours to complete the whole thing counting my failures.  Its not huge, but its a lot of fun, and I was taking my time too, trying to avoid damage whenever possible, searching each room after it was cleared for materials and putting together my plan of attack for each room. Also I recommend keeping your radar set to find treasure chests, thats how I found 2 of the chests containing ancient arrows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone get the Crash Bandicoot HD trilogy remaster? Graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay is much tighter. I forgot how damn hard these games are to 100%. Crash 2 is the best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Anyone get the Crash Bandicoot HD trilogy remaster? Graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay is much tighter. I forgot how damn hard these games are to 100%. Crash 2 is the best

 

Yeah, I love it. Lots of nostalgia to these games. I prefer Crash 3 because it was actually the first PSX game I played back in the day. But Crash 2 is definitely good, not a big fan of Crash 1 cause it can be ridiculously hard. Might go for the three platinum trophies if I have the time.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

 

Yeah, I love it. Lots of nostalgia to these games. I prefer Crash 3 because it was actually the first PSX game I played back in the day. But Crash 2 is definitely good, not a big fan of Crash 1 cause it can be ridiculously hard. Might go for the three platinum trophies if I have the time.

I forget which course I am in Crash 1 maybe level 9 or so it's a super long vertical level with enemies one after the other that's almost unfair haha. Wanna beat Crash 2 before going on to Crash 3, which is also excellent. The problem is 100% Crash 2 I have no idea where to find the gemstones I found the red one by experimenting and found a secret platform. Might just vanilla run it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Boring.........Alright said:

I forget which course I am in Crash 1 maybe level 9 or so it's a super long vertical level with enemies one after the other that's almost unfair haha. Wanna beat Crash 2 before going on to Crash 3, which is also excellent. The problem is 100% Crash 2 I have no idea where to find the gemstones I found the red one by experimenting and found a secret platform. Might just vanilla run it.

 

There are plenty of youtube videos that can help you get the 100%. I don't know how I figured it all out without help from the internet back in the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now