Video Games Thread

dildo69er

I do but Nintendo is awesome ... most of the time.

45 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Was a step back from Super Mario Bros imo. Introduced 3D, yes, but it hindered the game play because the graphics sucked and the camera was frustrating.

But regardless, Odyssey kicks ass

I don't think the graphics sucked, I mean, they're primitive, but they never ever sucked.

51 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

So many Nintendo fanboys in here, get a PS4 FFS. 

Maybe if they added a good 3rd party controller.  I had two of them rip apart on me like cheap plastic rubber and ended up swapping it for an X1 solely for the controller.  They just aren't comfortable and the battery life was worse than my Android.

DK Country is one of my favs

8 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

What the actual fuck?  What next Smash Bros and GoldenEye?  Donkey Kong multiplayer was endless fun with friends.

Smash Bros was always pretty boring for me. Loved GoldenEye though.

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

So many Nintendo fanboys in here, get a PS4 FFS. 

meh, I'll happily own up to my Nintendo fanboyishness (they typically make great video games, they understand good video game design better than most other developers in my opinion), but I do already own a PS4, which has mostly been collecting dust this last year.  Not a bad system at all, and I'll certainly pick it up here and there in the future, but my Switch has just been such a blast.  I'll admit that Nintendo typically leaves something to be desired in their hardware, and the Switch is no exception, but despite its shortcomings it really is still offering something pretty fantastic that you can't easily achieve on other hardware that has a genuine appeal. 

8 hours ago, Ghent said:

The Switch is the best "console" Nintendo has released in ages.

Serious? I thought you were all making fun of it when it dropped.  Could be wrong.

1. N64  2. Super Nintendo for me and the rest aren't in the same tier although Wii was a cool idea at the time.

This is the first year I haven't had any urge to pick up a game, and I usually always start having an itch for it this time of year.  Kind of weird, feel old.

9 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Serious? I thought you were all making fun of it when it dropped.  Could be wrong.

1. N64  2. Super Nintendo for me and the rest aren't in the same tier although Wii was a cool idea at the time.

This is the first year I haven't had any urge to pick up a game, and I usually always start having an itch for it this time of year.  Kind of weird, feel old.

Hell no, I made a thread about it when its announcement trailer dropped and everything.  Overall people were interested, yeah there was some naysaying, but all in all I remember the reception being overall positive here for the Switch's reveal.  Things have only gotten better for the system with such a strong launch year and some serious flagship titles.

8 hours ago, Sebastián said:

I live in Argentina, where Nintendo has been absent for more than 10 years... Until now - the 'SNES' is the first Nintendo product to be distributed in the country in a long time.

Last week I got one for myself (the American version), and it costs the equivalent to US$290.

Doesn't matter to me - I'm not a huge gamer, but this console was exactly what I was looking to find/get because:

1. it comes with many, many games, none of which I had played before.
  2. it comes with ¡5! RPGs, including a Zelda and a Final Fantasy - both of them series I've been curious about for more than 15 years.
  3. it's Nintendo! As a kid I grew up playing the first Pokémon games on 'Game Boy Pocket' and 'Mario Kart' and 'Party' on a N64 emulator, so this feels like home! :)

tl;dr: I'm so happy about having a mini 'SNES'! I even bought a TV for the first time, in order to play the games - that's how excited I was about the console!

So far, my favourite games are 'EarthBound' and 'Secret of Mana'... and 'Super Mario Kart', obviously! What are yours?

I haven't gotten mine yet, it's due for delivery sometime between the 8th and 28th of this month ... Also, I'm pretty sure I got ripped off.

Just in case is does end up alright, I'll be excited to play Star Fox and Mario RPG again!

• Like 1